Hello & Welcome to our community. Is this your first visit? Register

Show me your GU World Cup items

I dont have any of my own but thought it would be interesting to ask us members to share. How tough is it getting this stuff anyways? is there somewhere online where they auction off these GU items for the current World Cup?
    Regards,
    Joel S.
    joelsabi @ gmail.com
    Wanted: Alex Rodriguez Game Used Items and other unique artifacts, 1992 thru 1998 only. From High School to Early Mariners.

Re: Show me your GU World Cup items

I had a friend who knows I'm in the hobby ask me this very question at a Father's Day party today.

I cannot remember a single World Cup item that came up for sale on this site or any of the auction sites since I started buying Game Used stuff in 2002. While I don't collect soccer material, that pretty remarkable, huh? The world's most popular sport isn't represented in a hobby where the MLB, NBA, NHL, NFL and even the Olympics used material is readily available.
    Bieksallent! My Player Collections:

http://sami-salo.webs.com

http://www.agon-auktion.de

German auction site. In the past they have sold game worn items from the World Cup and Olympic Tournaments, as well as from current leagues. They take paypal and communicate English. Their auction system is a bit wonky but they are legit.

I believe Paragon Auctions is currently hosting a Soccer/World Cup auction. Not sure on the pieces they are offering but I got their catalog the other day before I headed out of town.
    Cheers,
    Jack

Actively looking for a Brad Lidge Philadelphia Phillies Game Used Cap!
    My Memorabilia Collection

It's possibly (probably) due to the lack of popularity (relative to other sports) in the US. After all, supply/demand would drive prices, and if it's not popular in the US (since we suck in the men's side of World Cup), it's unlikely to have high demand. I would guess that the next time the US hosts the WC, we'll see a ton of stuff dumped onto the market.

could the tradition of swapping jerseys among competing players be a factor? with such a practice, most jersey are exchanged after the game and no longer in hands of the players and no longer subject to possible auctioning.
    Regards,
    Joel S.
    joelsabi @ gmail.com
    Wanted: Alex Rodriguez Game Used Items and other unique artifacts, 1992 thru 1998 only. From High School to Early Mariners.

Quote Originally Posted by danesei@yahoo.com View Post
    It's possibly (probably) due to the lack of popularity (relative to other sports) in the US. After all, supply/demand would drive prices, and if it's not popular in the US (since we suck in the men's side of World Cup), it's unlikely to have high demand. I would guess that the next time the US hosts the WC, we'll see a ton of stuff dumped onto the market.
    Kind of off topic, but that was what really surprised me a lot about the whole leaving Donovan off the roster. Yes, he is probably declining, but his name carries weight and he is wildly popular in the States(for a soccer player). It would have helped drive interest.

Not World Cup Used, but used in a World Cup Qualifier in 2013. Haven't matched it yet, but I believe it was used in the Mexico game. I'd love to pick one up from the World Cup

Looking for Hanley Ramirez and Soccer GU memorabilia.