Hello & Welcome to our community. Is this your first visit? Register
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Hybrid View

Re: Reggie White Super Bowl Jersey

Quote Originally Posted by swainer View Post
    Can you at least tell me if you will be entering the bidding? If you do not want to say, I understand.

Thanks Jay!
    Absolutely not John... I will not be entering the bidding. That one is all yours!!! Lol

Quote Originally Posted by VISUALCONCEPTSNJ View Post
    Hey John,

I actually had an opportunity to see this fine ensemble about a month ago prior to it hitting the Heritage Auction block... I am no expert but I did my usual extensive research on it... and for several reasons this time I will keep my opinion to myself...
    I would have to disagree with you James .. Aka visual
    This jersey definitely matches up.. See attached pic ..

I find it funny how you bashed the helmet and told all it was fake and no way real..

Then all of a sudden the photo Match you provided saying it was fake all a sudden happen to show it was real..hmmmm

Perhaps it was a failed effort to downplay it so you can get it cheaper..

I personally looked into this sanders jersey and I found a few matches. So I guess your not the only one with a sanders matched jersey..

I don't see why you talk negative about stuff just to wind up putting your foot in your mouth, as we are all here to be helpful and educate one another..

Let's see maybe you just missed the photo match as you did with the helmet.. ??
    I doubt it..
    So I hope these matches help others see the truth and that it wouldn't be just another down playing by visual
    Attached Images Attached Images  

Another match..

Quote Originally Posted by GMEN92 View Post

I find it funny how you bashed the helmet and told all it was fake and no way real..

Then all of a sudden the photo Match you provided saying it was fake all a sudden happen to show it was real..hmmmm

I personally looked into this sanders jersey and I found a few matches. So I guess your not the only one with a sanders matched jersey..

I don't see why you talk negative about stuff just to wind up putting your foot in your mouth, as we are all here to be helpful and educate one another..

I doubt it..
    So I hope these matches help others see the truth and that it wouldn't be just another down playing by visual
    I must admit, very impressive side by side presentation… but why focus on the blurry jumbled bottom part of the "2" and cut off the top part that clearly tells it all?!?!

Quote Originally Posted by GMEN92 View Post

I doubt it..
    I used the same "2" that you provided in your posting on the left side with the yellow circles and here is the "2" off of the Auction site which clearly shows the mesh pattern inside the top part. I had that photo that I posted of the top part of the "2" saved from when the jersey was presented to me for sale the first time around… I think it was taken of the jersey from the owners cell phone or something and sent to me through a mutual collector when the item was being offered.

Why would you say that you have provided me with photos?!?! When you definitely have NOT…

This is just getting way too weird for me…

But anyway...Just because I was not interested in this fine ensemble the first time around, was asked "my opinion" this time around and chose to give "no comment" and clearly stated that I would not bid on it *once again when asked* I don't feel that this should have escalated to this level. When "matches" were provided, I simply showed the areas of the jersey "in my opinion" that I was uncomfortable with, I don't feel deserves a full on attack, does it?!
    This is America. Everyone can buy what they choose to, bid on what they choose to, and should not be personally attacked, criticized or judged if they do not want an item or do not feel comfortable with something.
    I NEVER once said the jersey/ uniform was bad. It just simply isn't for me. THAT'S IT.
    Once again… I am NOT interested in this item. I will NOT be bidding on this item. I am not an expert in this hobby or in photo matching. I do the best that I can to contribute to the hobby for the enjoyment of it and anything that I post is simply OPINION and NOT FACT!!! Once again… There are no ulterior motives behind any of my postings.
    If I was trying to pull a fast one with the Barry helmet, wouldn't I have posted the MATCHES AFTER the auction closed and saved myself a ton of money on it during the bidding process?!?! NO!!! I don't operate that way. I provided the matches now and apologized publicly so everyone would have a fair shot at it and know exactly that they were bidding on a genuine piece… Think about that for a minute…
    Again… Good Luck to all in all of the auctions...

Quote Originally Posted by swainer View Post
    Jay/Jason,

When you get some time, can you look at the jersey in Heritage. I'm no photo matching guru but I just don't see the photo matches mentioned in the auction. As always, I value your opinions!

Thanks!

John
    Hey John...I'm more than happy to look into it a bit further. However, I have some cursory concerns. My interest level is on this is pretty cold. I value Jay's opinion, and think his interest on this speaks volumes as well. Cheers!

Well, not sure who won the Barry lid, but I came up a bid short. The kitchen cabinet fund won over! I did get my DVD of the Pro Bowl today...not much help in the discussion, but I'll post these pics for the winning bidder.

I couldn't find that black residue on the rear of the helmet, so that remains a mystery?

http://www.gameuseduniverse.com/vb_f...1&d=1404172111

On the Darrell Green Skins helmet, was anyone able to match the player name on the back of the helmet (Cowboy-style) or the two NFL logos on the rear bumper? I haven't seen these on Skins helmets before, and would love to learn about the variations.

Jay - Hows the game film I sent you for that holy grail 95' jersey! :) Still bummed you outbid me!

I'd like to chime in on the Barry debate. I've requested additional photos and I am attempting to get multiple game films, but i'll share my analysis to date beyond what was already mentioned....Not sure how these attachments are going to turn out I may have to re-post them.

Thanks for your input. And nice work.. Glad to see some other peoples input..
    I would have to agree with your thoughts on the front.. I copied the pic so it can be seen without using the link. Hope it works.. And let us know what you find out on the other photos.. Would it be possible as well were focused on this one game and it could be from an additional game as well. .. Just a thought