Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • TBTwinsFan
    • Jun 2011

Could it be? (Hockey expertise needed).

Alright, so I know this is probably a dumb question, but the only way to learn is to ask.

My local Goodwill has had this stick laying around for the better part of 2 weeks. Today, I purchased it off of them for $3. I needed a stick to shoot pucks around with, but seeing as how this is a Christian stick, I may hang it on my wall.

Upon futher inspection, I noticed the stick was stamped with "Hull" on the shaft, in a similar fashion to a game-used stick blade I own of Shawn Chambers. I was intrigued by this, and thought I would get some opinions before taking it out on the pond.

I did do a little research, and it appears as if Brett Hull mainly used Easton, but this auction link shows that he also used Christian sticks.

The pic below shows the stamp on the stick, as compared to the stamp on the Chambers blade that I referenced earlier.

Again, I apologize for my dumb question, just curious.

• danesei@yahoo.com
    • Feb 2014

Re: Could it be? (Hockey expertise needed).

Might be issued to him for a special event or something. Do you have a photo of the entire stick?

Comment

• TBTwinsFan
      • Jun 2011

Originally posted by danesei@yahoo.com
      Might be issued to him for a special event or something. Do you have a photo of the entire stick?
      No, but I can get one.

If I didn't mention it already, it's got decent use and lots of tape.

Comment

• TBTwinsFan
        • Jun 2011

Comment

• Sotystl
          • Aug 2013

Not a gu hockey expert, but played for a long time, an they stamped them like that to show why blade pattern was used. Could be retail, coulda been used by him. I know nowadays you can go to the sporting goods store and buy the same game model sticks off the shelf.

Comment

• Jim65
            • Mar 2013

Did you try dating it? Could possibly be a Jody Hull stick as well.

Comment

• TBTwinsFan
              • Jun 2011

Originally posted by Sotystl
              Not a gu hockey expert, but played for a long time, an they stamped them like that to show why blade pattern was used. Could be retail, coulda been used by him. I know nowadays you can go to the sporting goods store and buy the same game model sticks off the shelf.
              It certainly could be retail. I googled the model number of the stick to see if I could find another like it, but I didn't. Of course, that's not hard evidence either way.

Comment

• TBTwinsFan
                • Jun 2011

Originally posted by Jim65
                Did you try dating it? Could possibly be a Jody Hull stick as well.
                I believe it's from the 1990s, but I'm not 100% sure, because I can't find any hard evidence to pinpoint the date.

I may contact the company, but they've changed hands a couple times since the Brothers sold it, so who knows.

Comment

Working...