Hello & Welcome to our community. Is this your first visit? Register

Could it be? (Hockey expertise needed).

Alright, so I know this is probably a dumb question, but the only way to learn is to ask.

My local Goodwill has had this stick laying around for the better part of 2 weeks. Today, I purchased it off of them for $3. I needed a stick to shoot pucks around with, but seeing as how this is a Christian stick, I may hang it on my wall.

Upon futher inspection, I noticed the stick was stamped with "Hull" on the shaft, in a similar fashion to a game-used stick blade I own of Shawn Chambers. I was intrigued by this, and thought I would get some opinions before taking it out on the pond.

I did do a little research, and it appears as if Brett Hull mainly used Easton, but this auction link shows that he also used Christian sticks.

http://feb13.hugginsandscott.com/cgi...l?itemid=53347

The pic below shows the stamp on the stick, as compared to the stamp on the Chambers blade that I referenced earlier.

Again, I apologize for my dumb question, just curious.

Re: Could it be? (Hockey expertise needed).

Might be issued to him for a special event or something. Do you have a photo of the entire stick?

Quote Originally Posted by danesei@yahoo.com View Post
    Might be issued to him for a special event or something. Do you have a photo of the entire stick?
    No, but I can get one.

If I didn't mention it already, it's got decent use and lots of tape.

Not a gu hockey expert, but played for a long time, an they stamped them like that to show why blade pattern was used. Could be retail, coulda been used by him. I know nowadays you can go to the sporting goods store and buy the same game model sticks off the shelf.

Did you try dating it? Could possibly be a Jody Hull stick as well.

Quote Originally Posted by Sotystl View Post
    Not a gu hockey expert, but played for a long time, an they stamped them like that to show why blade pattern was used. Could be retail, coulda been used by him. I know nowadays you can go to the sporting goods store and buy the same game model sticks off the shelf.
    It certainly could be retail. I googled the model number of the stick to see if I could find another like it, but I didn't. Of course, that's not hard evidence either way.

Quote Originally Posted by Jim65 View Post
    Did you try dating it? Could possibly be a Jody Hull stick as well.
    I believe it's from the 1990s, but I'm not 100% sure, because I can't find any hard evidence to pinpoint the date.

I may contact the company, but they've changed hands a couple times since the Brothers sold it, so who knows.