Hello & Welcome to our community. Is this your first visit? Register
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Mike Schmidt Bat

Hello Everyone,
    I have a Mike Schmidt Adirondack bat with a 1994 type centerbrand. The knob has MS 20 stamped into it, but there is no batch number, nor is there a year designation. There is a number 20 in faded black marker on the knob. There is one ball seam mark on the bat, as well as light pine tar near the center label. The person I got it from about ten years ago said he was a ground crew member at the old Busch stadium, and that he got it directly from Schmidt. I don't know if the story is true, but is the bat a promotional bat or team issued bat without the batch number or year ? Thanks for your help in advance.

Re: Mike Schmidt Bat

Bat is fine, but I think you meant earlier than '94.

Hi Stepback. I'd guess it's a promotional bat due to the MS20 stamp. There's minimal chance that was used in a professional game, since trophy bats are generally made of inferior woods. I can't imagine a situation within which Schmidt would have used the bat.

I'm assuming you're also the guy who has the 1976 Bench bat. That's likely, not a gamer, either. The number written on the end looks completely different than other Bench bats of the era.

Quote Originally Posted by Hoosier39 View Post
    Bat is fine, but I think you meant earlier than '94.
    I suppose I'm wrong about the MS20.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/like/251446357282?lpid=82

Does your bat look like that one? I guess it'd be mid-80s, not mid-90s, if so.

Quote Originally Posted by danesei@yahoo.com View Post
    Hi Stepback. I'd guess it's a promotional bat due to the MS20 stamp. There's minimal chance that was used in a professional game, since trophy bats are generally made of inferior woods. I can't imagine a situation within which Schmidt would have used the bat.

I'm assuming you're also the guy who has the 1976 Bench bat. That's likely, not a gamer, either. The number written on the end looks completely different than other Bench bats of the era.
    Now hold on a sec. What makes you think it's a promo bat due to the MS20 stamping?? You can't go around here saying something is bad when it's evident you've done zero research.

Stepback, post a pic when you get a moment.

I suppose I'm wrong about the MS20.

Ok then...

Quote Originally Posted by Hoosier39 View Post
    Now hold on a sec. What makes you think it's a promo bat due to the MS20 stamping?? You can't go around here saying something is bad when it's evident you've done zero research.

Stepback, post a pic when you get a moment.
    I had a brain fart and was thinking of Louisville Slugger bats.

Banned

Unbelievable Danesei, another blatantly false statement and giving incorrect advice/info to a fellow forum member. You are single handedly ruining this forum. Please stop posting!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Nnunnari View Post
    Unbelievable Danesei, another blatantly false statement and giving incorrect advice/info to a fellow forum member. You are single handedly ruining this forum. Please stop posting!!!
    Thanks for finally getting my name right, Nick. As for single-handedly ruining the forum, that'd be really impressive. I already admitted that I made a mistake over half an hour before your post, so it seems you're simply looking for my posts and posting after them. In some forums, that constitutes harassment.