Hello & Welcome to our community. Is this your first visit? Register
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

2013 David Ortiz on eBay

I checked the MLB site, the jersey was used on September 28th, David Ortiz didn't play that day and I was wondering why there was a postseason patch on the jersey if was taken out of use after the September 28th game?

http://www.ebay.com/itm/David-Ortiz-...:X:RTQ:US:1123

Re: 2013 David Ortiz on eBay

It really doesn't make any sense. I watched highlights from that night and no one has patches yet. And they wouldn't see it on after the date pulled

Some teams do this after the season. I'm not sure what the exact reason is but the Red Sox and I believe the Cardinals do this...really stupid in my mind.

Did they ever wear the alt blues in the postseason? It could have been used in the reg season, then patched / repurposed for the playoffs, and never used?

Just a thought.
    WTB -
    Rob Gronkowski GU / GI jerseys
    Patriots GU / GI red throwback or silver jerseys
    Jose Canseco A's GU jersey

Quote Originally Posted by paul457 View Post
    Did they ever wear the alt blues in the postseason? It could have been used in the reg season, then patched / repurposed for the playoffs, and never used?
    Except it was holo'd, they wouldn't have prepped it for postseason use after that happened. Holo'd to an end of season game he didn't actually play in though is enough to cross it off my list...

I have seen items(jerseys, bats) used after they were hologramed.

I've also seen bats/helmets used after they're hologrammed but never a jersey and never one from the Sox.

I was informed that the Red Sox pretty much added postseason patches to all the jerseys that were around at the end of the regular season. I have a Jackie Bradley Jr jersey worn/matched to the last part of the regular season with the postseason patch added. He wasn't even on the postseason roster.

Quote Originally Posted by cruwet View Post
    I was informed that the Red Sox pretty much added postseason patches to all the jerseys that were around at the end of the regular season. I have a Jackie Bradley Jr jersey worn/matched to the last part of the regular season with the postseason patch added. He wasn't even on the postseason roster.
    A lot of teams do this.

Banned

Cool Re: 2013 David Ortiz on eBay

Quote Originally Posted by cruwet View Post
    Terry is right. The 2005 White Sox stuck WS patches on almost every jersey from that year that they sold. The team had 4 styles (home, home vest, road and black alternate) but only the home and road were actually worn in the World Series.

Dave Miedema