Hello & Welcome to our community. Is this your first visit? Register
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Most undervalued player entering 2007 Baseball Season?

I am opening up for discussion the question to the forum of what player is undervalued opening the 2007 baseball season and why you believe this is so.

Re: Most undervalued player entering 2007 Baseball Season?

I'll go with Tom Glavine, especially his earlier Braves stuff. There's a chance he is baseball's last 300 game winner. On the milestone theme, I also think Biggio stuff also has a lot of room to grow (3,000 hits is right around the corner). I'm sure I'll catch a lot of heat for even suggesting this, but I don't think we've seen the peak of real Pujols memorabilia either. Demand is rising, and supply is virtually non-existent.
    Rob Steinmetz
    www.authenticgamers.com
    authenticgamers@aol.com

Paying top dollar for Chicago Cubs game used equipment!

A strong argument can be made about Miguel Cabrera. He's so young and he's already got 100 homers under his belt. There is potential for some massive numbers from "Pujols, Jr" by the time he hangs up his cleats.

Most everybody knows about Cabrera's potential by now.
    This isn't news.

However, I have noticed his GU bats are arguably very reasonable in price, considering Cabrera could quietly win the triple crown one day soon. And the Marlins themselves are going to be quiet contenders for years to come, anchored by some young guns.

The question is: Will fans come to embrace Cabrera the way they have Pujols or Jeter?

-bscott.

Quote Originally Posted by bscott View Post
    A strong argument can be made about Miguel Cabrera. He's so young and he's already got 100 homers under his belt. There is potential for some massive numbers from "Pujols, Jr" by the time he hangs up his cleats.

Most everybody knows about Cabrera's potential by now.
    This isn't news.

However, I have noticed his GU bats are arguably very reasonable in price, considering Cabrera could quietly win the triple crown one day soon. And the Marlins themselves are going to be quiet contenders for years to come, anchored by some young guns.

The question is: Will fans come to embrace Cabrera the way they have Pujols or Jeter?

-bscott.
    Send him to a bigger market where fans care about their BB, major stud!!!
    George

Well, I think a guy like Mark Buehrle is very undervalued. Unfortunately, he had a tough season last year but he does have the potential for 200+ wins should he stay healthy and plays like he did in 2005 consisently. I think he's a pitcher who can win 15-18 games a year by being deceptive and a finesse pitcher rather than a guy who will dominate you with a 93 MPH slider.

Tim

Jamie Moyer, because it's tough for most to fully appreciate a pitcher whose fastball registers a lower number than his age.

rocco Baldelli.

The biggest problem with this industry of sports collecting for not jsut gmae used stuff but cards and other items, is that hype is mostly what sells stuff. Take for instance when Baldelli was a rookie his stuff was almost double the price it is now and he has become a BETTER ball player since then. More often than not people over estimate and fall in love woth players so fast, expecting them to be the next_____. Take for instance Phillip Rivers, he makes the pro bowl over tom brady because he is the new hot topic in the NFl. consistancy is boring and people always look for something new to cheer about...

I'll vote Greg Maddux... considering the hall of fame career he has had, his game used equipment is a bargain...I suppose the bigger issue is the popularity of a good pitcher vs. a power hitter -- he may have had a point with the 'chicks dig the long ball' commercial (hmmm someone else voted for Glavine here too).

I wouldn't call him the most undervalued player, but Carlos Lee material is surprisingly inexpensive given the number of good years he's had.
    "The knowledge that this guy has in his head, some of you would never be able to comprehend."

I think Travis Hafner is the most undervalued player out there. In roughly 4 seasons he has 118 homers, 380 rbi's and an average of just over .300. If he hadn't got hurt and missed the last month of this past season he would have probably hit 50 homers and 135 rbi's. He hit six grand slams this year.