Hello & Welcome to our community. Is this your first visit? Register
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Whose MLB Debut Game Used Jersey would you rather Have? Polanco or Kershaw???

Gregory Polanco MLB Debut jersey sold for $26,000

Here is Clayton Kershaw's MLB Debut Game Used Jersey, Photo matched, signed, inscribed, etc.

http://www.goldinauctions.com/2008_C...M-LOT9988.aspx

CURRENT BID $7500.
    I dunno...its a tough call isn't it......

Re: Whose MLB Debut Game Used Jersey would you rather Have? Polanco or Kershaw???

Not a tough choice for me! LA kid.....Kershaw all the way

Re: Whose MLB Debut Game Used Jersey would you rather Have? Polanco or Kershaw???

Mariano Rivera's 2001 WS jersey over both of them, its a part of history....

Kershaw

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by CollectGU View Post
    Mariano Rivera's 2001 WS jersey over both of them, its a part of history....
    A or B question, and you pick Z. I bet you did great in school.

the question was a but rhetorical
    If we poll all 9000 registered members, I can't think one sane one would say " I would rather have the polanco" or think that Polanco is a better long term investment then the Kershaw.
    I Thorpe the Kershaw goes for $40k....but perhaps maybe a GUU member will get lucky on it with all the focus on Babe Ruth

I would rather have the Polanco over the Kershaw. Pitchers have too much of a risk. I keep on thinking about Mark Prior and even Strasburg has not been living up to the hype. There is too much of a risk getting hurt and just being average at best.

Quote Originally Posted by bigben7 View Post
    I would rather have the Polanco over the Kershaw. Pitchers have too much of a risk. I keep on thinking about Mark Prior and even Strasburg has not been living up to the hype. There is too much of a risk getting hurt and just being average at best.

Kershaw isn't avg, nor will he be. He's already a winner and will get more hardware to add for the next 15 yrs. injuries can happen to anyone.

Kershaw all the way. Polanco has proved nothing yet. Even if he turns into a McCutchen, you're looking at what, a $1,000 jersey?

Quote Originally Posted by bigben7 View Post
    Ummm to each his own
    5TOOLPLAYER@COMCAST.NET

Quote Originally Posted by Hoosier39 View Post
    Kershaw isn't avg, nor will he be. He's already a winner and will get more hardware to add for the next 15 yrs. injuries can happen to anyone.

Kershaw all the way. Polanco has proved nothing yet. Even if he turns into a McCutchen, you're looking at what, a $1,000 jersey?
    Kershaw *could* turn into Lincecum. Also, I doubt that people are speculating on Polanco's ceiling being McCutchen. They're probably expecting Vladimir Guerrero or Dave Winfield as a floor, and Hank Aaron as the ceiling. In any event, the rumor was that the Pirates players won the auction so that Polanco could keep his debut jersey. I thought that was a very nice sentiment, and does explain the hammer price.

Kershaw has already had a back injury and a hip injury. He's managed to rehab through both, but the history of injury is there. So, one really never knows where Kershaw's career will vector until it's over.