Hello & Welcome to our community. Is this your first visit? Register
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Wtb: on deck circle

Anyone have a major league on deck circle for sale?

Re: Wtb: on deck circle

Simply due to the size of these things, your best bet would likely be to contact the team/stadium and ask what they'd sell/freight the item to you for.

I have two Padres on deck circles at Petco from several years ago. I saw this post a few days ago, but didn't even comment because I am not sure how I would get it shipped if you wanted to buy it.
    Russell Wuerffel
    Always looking for Chipper Jones game used bats and authenticated hits and MLB authenticated commemorative logo basballs.
    lakeerie92 @ yahoo.com

Quote Originally Posted by lakeerie92 View Post
    I have two Padres on deck circles at Petco from several years ago. I saw this post a few days ago, but didn't even comment because I am not sure how I would get it shipped if you wanted to buy it.
    how are they on weight? just an estimate? ive honestly never touched/picked one up, i just kind of assumed they werent super heavy and flexible?

Your assumption is partly correct... I have one from old Yankee Stadium, so I'm not sure if they have changed in recent years (they seem hard to find and not all teams use them; I have a feeling they're costly to replace). It weighs about 20 lbs max, so weight isn't the issue. They're made from a thick rubber/plastic which can be rolled but only so much. Similar to those clear mats that go under an office chair but a little thicker material. It probably only rolls to about 1.5-2 feet in diameter without damaging it, so that still makes it a rather large package (like 4' across). Mine was shipped rolled loosely in a huge box and it cost about $75 (this was about 4 years ago). Not horrible considering the overall price on these, just factor it into the overall cost.

Quote Originally Posted by emann View Post
    Your assumption is partly correct... I have one from old Yankee Stadium, so I'm not sure if they have changed in recent years (they seem hard to find and not all teams use them; I have a feeling they're costly to replace). It weighs about 20 lbs max, so weight isn't the issue. They're made from a thick rubber/plastic which can be rolled but only so much. Similar to those clear mats that go under an office chair but a little thicker material. It probably only rolls to about 1.5-2 feet in diameter without damaging it, so that still makes it a rather large package (like 4' across). Mine was shipped rolled loosely in a huge box and it cost about $75 (this was about 4 years ago). Not horrible considering the overall price on these, just factor it into the overall cost.
    I appreciate the help!

Quote Originally Posted by emann View Post
    Ours probably weigh between 200-250 lbs. The grounds crew still uses one that is similar size and weight and they put a pole in the center and use two people to lift the pole to pick them up off the cart they put them on. I have seen lighter ones, but ours is definitely not 20lbs.
    Russell Wuerffel
    Always looking for Chipper Jones game used bats and authenticated hits and MLB authenticated commemorative logo basballs.
    lakeerie92 @ yahoo.com

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by vince182 View Post
    Anyone have a major league on deck circle for sale?
    I have a handful of various on deck circles available from
    MLB. Send me an email and I can forward a list to you.

Thank you and talk to you soon.

Smcrae@thehighlandmint.com

Steven McRae

Quote Originally Posted by The natural View Post
    I have a handful of various on deck circles available from
    MLB. Send me an email and I can forward a list to you.

Thank you and talk to you soon.

Smcrae@thehighlandmint.com

Steven McRae
    sent, thanks a lot!

Be careful- he's already getting a reputation for changing the price after deals have been agreed to.