Hello & Welcome to our community. Is this your first visit? Register

My 1993 Florida State Seminoles Football Championship Team Starting Lineup Project

Hi.
    I thought I would start a new thread about a project I have been working on, rather than bury it inside the general college football game used thread.

I collect Florida State Seminoles game worn and team issued football jerseys. I thought it would be fun (perhaps I should have my head examined) to collect a game worn Florida State football jersey from each player that comprised the starting lineup (including the Punter and the Placekicker) for FSU from the 1993 National Championship Game (played January 1, 1994 vs. Nebraska). I think I also want to acquire a jersey from an additional team captain (TE Lonnie Johnson) who was not in the starting lineup, which would bring the total to 25 jerseys I need to complete this project. I realize that football is a team sport and that many players (not just the ones in the starting lineup) helped win Florida State's first National Championship, but I chose to collect jerseys from players in the starting lineup because I wanted to set a reasonable (liberal use of the word reasonable, haha) collecting goal. Further, I set a date by which I want to accomplish this goal (January 1, 2019 -- the 25th Anniversary of the game) that allows me some time to complete this task. Finally, there is some discrepancy as to which players actually comprise the starting lineup (due to last second substitutions on the field, etc.), so I have done my best to review game footage to determine an accurate "starting lineup." If I discover any errors along the way, I will amend my choices. So, here is (to the best of my knowledge so far) the starting lineup for the Florida State Seminoles from the 1993 National Championship Game:

QB - Charlie Ward
    RB - Sean Jackson
    FB - William Floyd
    WR - Matt Frier
    WR - Kez McCorvey
    WR - Kevin Knox
    LT - Juan Laureano
    LG - Lewis Tyre
    C - Clay Shiver
    RG - Patrick McNeil
    RT - Marvin Ferrell

LE - Toddrick McIntosh
    NT - Jon Nance
    RE - Derrick Alexander
    OLB - James Roberson
    ILB - Ken Alexander
    ILB - Todd Rebol
    OLB - Derrick Brooks
    LCB - Corey Sawyer
    RCB - Clifton Abraham
    SS - Devin Bush
    FS - Richard Coes

K - Scott Bentley
    P- Sean Liss

Captains - Ward, Frier, K. Alexander, Lonnie Johnson

Please note: I only want to collect FSU jerseys for these players as it is the University's football program that I am celebrating. I would certainly consider collecting an NFL worn jersey from an FSU alum, just not for this project. Also, ultimately, if I had the luxury of choosing, I would prefer to collect an Away (white) jersey for each of these players as they were wearing their Away (white) jerseys when they won the 1993 National Championship.

I will post what I have managed to collect so far, and I will continue to update this thread as I add to the collection. If you can help in any way, please send me an email at seminolecollection@gmail.com

Up first, Devin Bush - Strong Safety
    Attached Images Attached Images   

Re: My 1993 Florida State Seminoles Football Championship Team Starting Lineup Project

Free Safety - Richard Coes

Re: My 1993 Florida State Seminoles Football Championship Team Starting Lineup Project

Running Back - Sean Jackson

Outside Linebacker - James Roberson

Let's try that one again ...

Outside Linebacker - James Roberson

Inside Linebacker - Todd Rebol

Center - Clay Shiver

Left Tackle - Juan Laureano

Left End - Toddrick McIntosh

Right Tackle - Marvin Ferrell