Hello & Welcome to our community. Is this your first visit? Register
Page 7 of 15 FirstFirst ... 56789 ... LastLast

Re: Dealing with GU reps for ASG items

For anyone going after the Stanton can you please PM. I have some info on the jersey you may like to know.

Anyone have a list of what was officially offered- I'm sure players like Trout and McXutchen are offered- but i wonder just how many there are.

Quote Originally Posted by simmo2332 View Post
    Despite all negative issues and complaints (maybe some are valid statements), Steve has worked with me on trying his best to make sure I obtain a jersey of my desire. I got the approved price and confirmation to go ahead and pay today for the jersey I was interested in.
    Were you asked for your CC "pending MLB approval" or told it's yours. There is a big difference.

I have a feeling in the morning all these prices are going up.

The more I think about this situation the more I think MLB is partly to blame as well.

Quote Originally Posted by Phil316 View Post
    The more I think about this situation the more I think MLB is partly to blame as well.
    They absolutely share the blame!!!

I see this is a hot topic, but how to you even get in touch with a rep? Email? I would love to have access to be able to purchase some items. Besides the all star game do they have access to other items throughout the year? Any info would be great.

Just send an email to the generic highland mint email. I did that a year ago or so and got a response with the hour. Otherwise, search through this thread. Steve from HM has been replying occasionally.

I don't get it, are collectors so desperate for ASG items that they are willing to overlook the entire situation that has been laid out in this thread? It seems obvious to me that this "sale" isn't on the up and up and yet that doesn't bother some collectors, wow.

Quote Originally Posted by BU54CB View Post
    I don't get it, are collectors so desperate for ASG items that they are willing to overlook the entire situation that has been laid out in this thread? It seems obvious to me that this "sale" isn't on the up and up and yet that doesn't bother some collectors, wow.
    I could not agree more. Some people just do not care about ethics and do not care how they are treated.

I will say that Steve has helped me obtain the jersey that I wanted. Told me it was mine, when it would ship and when I should expect it to arrive. Paid for today and everything. He quoted me a direct price for a jersey of one of my favorite players and that is the price I paid. No hassle or raising of the bid any. I may have gotten lucky on the player but those are just the given factual details.

Despite the problems earlier with another player's jersey, I am very happy with the new addition to my collection.

Quote Originally Posted by simmo2332 View Post
    I will say that Steve has helped me obtain the jersey that I wanted. Told me it was mine, when it would ship and when I should expect it to arrive. Paid for today and everything. He quoted me a direct price for a jersey of one of my favorite players and that is the price I paid. No hassle or raising of the bid any. I may have gotten lucky on the player but those are just the given factual details.

Despite the problems earlier with another player's jersey, I am very happy with the new addition to my collection.
    I must be lucky as well because i got mine for right in the middle of what i was quoted. I dealt with Jim and this is my 3rd transaction with no issue. I wonder if the jerseys that fluctuated were the 10 players in the derby?