Hello & Welcome to our community. Is this your first visit? Register
Page 1 of 15 12311 ... LastLast

Dealing with GU reps for ASG items

Has someone educate me on how this works? Last couple of years, I feel like I've gotten jerked around. I had interest on several items that were priced, and told my rep than I wanted to purchase the item. Then I was told someone had first priority, so I couldn't have it. Maybe it's all my fault, but I then offered $1000 more than list price. Still couldn't have it.

Then I was offered some home run balls. I really wasn't super interested, but I decided to entertain it. They were priced $750, and I offered to buy two for $1000. The rep said he would check, then he said his other rep said he had someone that offered more.

This year, I was interested in another jersey but it was priced $1000 more than last year's jersey. I was told that someone else had interest in them, so that's why it's priced higher. I just feel like I'm talking to a car salesman, and the whole thing turns me off. Would people that have had some experience post on their experiences?

Re: Dealing with GU reps for ASG items

Quote Originally Posted by Enyouartist View Post
    Has someone educate me on how this works? Last couple of years, I feel like I've gotten jerked around. I had interest on several items that were priced, and told my rep than I wanted to purchase the item. Then I was told someone had first priority, so I couldn't have it. Maybe it's all my fault, but I then offered $1000 more than list price. Still couldn't have it.

Then I was offered some home run balls. I really wasn't super interested, but I decided to entertain it. They were priced $750, and I offered to buy two for $1000. The rep said he would check, then he said his other rep said he had someone that offered more.

This year, I was interested in another jersey but it was priced $1000 more than last year's jersey. I was told that someone else had interest in them, so that's why it's priced higher. I just feel like I'm talking to a car salesman, and the whole thing turns me off. Would people that have had some experience post on their experiences?
    Apparently there is only one rep that is responsible for selling all of the jerseys this year and they go through him now. The two jerseys I inquired about were already sold to previous year buyers and some were still pending MLB approval.

Quote Originally Posted by MercyMe78 View Post
    Apparently there is only one rep that is responsible for selling all of the jerseys this year and they go through him now. The two jerseys I inquired about were already sold to previous year buyers and some were still pending MLB approval.
    I don't think that is the case. I know fir sure multiple reps are selling the jerseys. There seems to be some fuzziness about how it all works. I was priced a range for a certain jersey. Said I'd take it. Then was told the person that bought it last year has first dibs......unless I wanted to offer $250 more. Then it would go to me. We will see how it plays out.

Anyone have the email for the reps?

Honestly, I just wish MLB would put all of the All Star gear on their auction site. Why is a middle man needed? Let the market determine the prices!!

Also, how are they determining what these items are worth? Other than being told by MLB we want this much so see how much you can make on top of that. I think it's absurd and slightly distasteful for MLB to take this approach when making their Game Used Gear available to the fans.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Chipperdr View Post
    Anyone have the email for the reps?
    Email me for information on 2014 mlb all star game
    Items. I have the exclusive with mlb on game used BP jerseys
    Nameplates, and other game used items from the events.

Let me know who you are interested in and I'll work on trying to
    Get those items for you.

Thanks and talk to you soon.

Smcrae@thehighlandmint.com

Steven McRae

Steven,

It seems that some of the same issues and complaints arose last year regarding the methodology of how the jerseys are sold. Could you please enlighten members of this Forum so that everyone has a complete understanding of how the system works?

Thank you,

Mark Hayne
    Gridiron Exchange

I was offered a jersey for 1500 yesterday, to which I agreed by email. Today I got an email saying $2250 if I want it and to let him know ASAP.

The next email says someone offered 2k and it's mine for 2250. I have more integrity than that- I'm passing.

I think it'll be better to wait for the source to actually have the items in hand and buy them then. Can't get jerked around that way- either you win the bid or you don't.

This is striking me as a used car salesman without the car, and four other salesman are selling the same car.

Quote Originally Posted by cfern023 View Post
    I was offered a jersey for 1500 yesterday, to which I agreed by email. Today I got an email saying $2250 if I want it and to let him know ASAP.

The next email says someone offered 2k and it's mine for 2250. I have more integrity than that- I'm passing.

I think it'll be better to wait for the source to actually have the items in hand and buy them then. Can't get jerked around that way- either you win the bid or you don't.

This is striking me as a used car salesman without the car, and four other salesman are selling the same car.
    Bingo. Same here with another jersey situation...

Quote Originally Posted by cfern023 View Post

If he offered you a price and you agreed on the price, isn't that considered a legal contract? Then them making you pay higher for said item would be breaking the contract. Would it not??