Hello & Welcome to our community. Is this your first visit? Register

Threaded View

Thumbs up Beware: Fake Derek Jeter game used bat on eBay

Watch out for eBay seller "momtoluisandkati" selling fake game used items. Mysteriously, the seller seems to have "misplaced" Steiner COAs on a fake Derek Jeter game used bat (item #181461430973) and also a Yankees game used bag (item #251576588529)they sold as Derek Jeter's used bag last week. Guess what? Both Steiner COAs were lost!

I spoke to a Steiner representative over the phone on 7/11 and made them aware of the seller and the fake Derek Jeter game used bat that someone has affixed a Steiner game used hologram to try to rip somebody off. That is a retail Derek Jeter replica bat. You can see the underlined 125 and low-quality wood.

To make things worse, look at those nasty fake ball marks and pay attention to the paint job on the bat. It's a retail paint job. Jeter's gamers would have a Smith double-dipped finish in most cases, or they would be a standard black finish where you would see the wood grain.

My general perspective on this is if it happens once it might be a fluke, if it happens twice it might be a coincidence, and if it happens three times it's a trend. This seller is now attempting to sell a replica Derek Jeter bat that has been doctored to appear as game-used with a Steiner game used hologram days after selling a Derek Jeter game used bag with lost COA.

A Steiner representative said they would contact eBay to have the bat removed, but as far as I can see it's still up. If any of you forum readers have a chance, please report this item to eBay so momtoluisandkati can't rip anyone off on eBay!!! (BTW, notice how the seller has made bidders private for this particular auction)

Typically, I try not to pass judgement on the seller of a fake item, but in this case everything looks really fishy and bad for eBay seller momtoluisandkati ... whatever they're up to, they know it otherwise they wouldn't be hiding bidder's identities IMO. Shill bidding? Very sketchy seller.

I've attached photos of the fake Jeter bat for everyone to see just in case eBay pulls it and the seller tries to re-list it. Stay away!!!
    Attached Images Attached Images