Hello & Welcome to our community. Is this your first visit? Register

Cardinals Winter Warm Up auction items

just thought i'd pass these lists along.

there are some nice items scattered in.

http://stlouis.cardinals.mlb.com/stl...ion_Sheets.pdf

Re: Cardinals Winter Warm Up auction items

should also mention that the list is in a PDF file.

you'll need Adobe or something comparable to view.

Banned

Don are you or is anyone else going to this auction?

Quote Originally Posted by suave1477 View Post
    Don are you or is anyone else going to this auction?
    yes, i'll be there Saturday and Sunday.

Re: taking advantage in the name of charity

http://stlouis.cardinals.mlb.com/stl..._bird_form.pdf

i attend this event every year and have been going since Cardinals Care started doing this deal in 97' and every year i am more shocked and amazed than the year before.

this years list is no different then last years and the year before that.

$50 for Scott Spiezio and Adam Wianwright? they are just this years version of Bo Hart ($45 a couple of years ago.....and who is Bo Hart you may ask). $125 for David Eckstien?? seriously? WS MVP or not. he is not worth that. not even on a WS ball.

i totally understand that its a chartity event, however, its a bit ridiculous for a bench player and a rookie who was 2-1 with a 3.12 ERA in 2006.

hell, HOF'er Red Schoendienst is only $55.

a buddy said to me " its what people will pay". if that were true (which im sure that it is) how would they know this?? i havent seen any $50 Wainwright photos floating around.

anyhow, i will go and see what i can get for "free" (not really considering the $40 pass) and what kind of GU items i can come away with.

Yeah I was actually surprised that the prices weren't inflated even more. I was also shocked to see Pujols was $150 for the second straight year. I think that's the biggest steal on there.

The Cardinals really need to think about finding a bigger place to hold the warm up. You can't move an inch in those ballrooms.

Quote Originally Posted by mlrtme17 View Post
    Yeah I was actually surprised that the prices weren't inflated even more. I was also shocked to see Pujols was $150 for the second straight year. I think that's the biggest steal on there.

The Cardinals really need to think about finding a bigger place to hold the warm up. You can't move an inch in those ballrooms.
    i agree on both accounts. $50 for Scott Spiezio is a ripoff, $150 for Pujols is a steal if you consider what it costs to buy something from his charity.

the Millenium is packed wall to wall when the thing isnt sold out. i can only imagine what it will be like now that all of the passes are gone before the event even begins.

from what i understand, they(the hotel) donate the space. maybe thats the reason for Cardinals Care not moving it to a different venue.