Hello & Welcome to our community. Is this your first visit? Register
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Deion sanders gu bat

I was wondering if anyone knew deion sanders gu bat characteristics. Any help would be appreciated!
    Attached Images Attached Images  

Re: Deion sanders gu bat

The only Taube authenticated bat that I found had "24" written on the knob and showed 15 grains. Your bat shows neither of these characteristics, so I'd guess it's not a gamer.

Quote Originally Posted by danesei@yahoo.com View Post
    The only Taube authenticated bat that I found had "24" written on the knob and showed 15 grains. Your bat shows neither of these characteristics, so I'd guess it's not a gamer.
    Here is the LOA:

So one of your reasonings for it not being a gamer is because it doesn't have 15 grains? You were only kidding right?

Also too, the bat in question is a Reds bat. You are comparing this bat to a Braves bat. Kinda tough to do that since players/equipment managers change throughout the yrs.

Quote Originally Posted by Hoosier39 View Post
    So one of your reasonings for it not being a gamer is because it doesn't have 15 grains? You were only kidding right?
    He is correct...little known fact, Deion would only accept bats that came from trees originating Fifteen Grain Forest, just Northwest of the Portland area. Neon was very particular on this aspect and would accept nothing less...

So this in all likely isn't a game used bat of deion?

Quote Originally Posted by Hoosier39 View Post
    Also too, the bat in question is a Reds bat. You are comparing this bat to a Braves bat. Kinda tough to do that since players/equipment managers change throughout the yrs.
    I'm curious on how you know the bat in question is a Reds bat. The OP makes no mention of that. Also, 24 v 15 is kind of a large difference, but I suppose, if the bat in OP's post is from 2001, and the Braves bat is from the 1991 end of the 1991-1994 range, that's reasonable. I'm not being facetious here.

However, if the Braves bat is from 1994, and the OP's bat is from 1994/1995, that's a bit extreme for one or two years of separation in trees.

Heritage Auctions had a black Braves bat that had 14 grains.

I realize that members here enjoy mocking my thoughts on the number of grains/growth rings in the bat, but absent a huge disparity in ages of trees (younger trees would have more grains, since the rings would be theoretically narrower), I would think players would try to maintain consistency with their bats. If 14/15 grain bats were available in the mid-90s, it would have required a LOT of deforestation in the late-90s to make the only available bats 24 grains in 2001.

Disregard the comment about the bat being from the Reds. I found the listing on eBay.

So you still don't think it's a "gamer" then?

I'm curious on how you know the bat in question is a Reds bat. The OP makes no mention of that. Also, 24 v 15 is kind of a large difference, but I suppose, if the bat in OP's post is from 2001, and the Braves bat is from the 1991 end of the 1991-1994 range, that's reasonable. I'm not being facetious here.

However, if the Braves bat is from 1994, and the OP's bat is from 1994/1995, that's a bit extreme for one or two years of separation in trees.

Heritage Auctions had a black Braves bat that had 14 grains.

I realize that members here enjoy mocking my thoughts on the number of grains/growth rings in the bat, but absent a huge disparity in ages of trees (younger trees would have more grains, since the rings would be theoretically narrower), I would think players would try to maintain consistency with their bats. If 14/15 grain bats were available in the mid-90s, it would have required a LOT of deforestation in the late-90s to make the only available bats 24 grains in 2001.