Hello & Welcome to our community. Is this your first visit? Register
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Re: My humble Jose Canseco game-used collection

congrats on the glove any ideas where you can geta nice case for them i need one for my rocker glove

I have no idea where to find a case. I'm going to start looking for one soon. If I find anything good I'll let you know.

-Jason M

Congrats on the Canseco glove. does it have his name stitched in the glove? I have my glove in a basketball cube. you just put the glove on an angle, it fits great. it all depends how much you want too spend on a display, the basketball cube was like $20 at a sports show . keep the Canseco collection growing. take care Dan

Hi Dan.

It's good to hear from you. I'm not sure if it has the name stitched in it or not. I don't think so. According to Rawlings it was delivered to Canseco in May of 1993. The seller thought this glove might have been the one he used when he pitched against Boston and when the ball bounced off his head (Doh!). I have since determined that it was a Mizuno glove hat was used during the pitching game. I can't tell what glove he used when the ball bounced off his head. I suspect that it was the Mizuno as well. The seller of the glove said that Canseco told him that he got rid of the Mizuno glove because he said it was bad luck. With that said i suspect that My glove was the one he got to replace the Mizuno. His 1993 season was cut short because of the elbow injury so I think that the glove was actully used in the 1994 season the few times he wasn't a DH. It might even be the exact glove that was in the picture I posted. It may have been used some in 1993 but I'm not sure. I can't wait to get my hands on this glove.

-Jason M

Jason,
    That may be a 94 glove . If it is theone in the pic. Because that jersey is a '94. I know because of the patch on the right sleeve. Hope this helps.
    Roger

Well, I did some research and it looks like Jose played right field in May and June 1993. He spent all of 1994 as a DH. So the glove still could have recieved a little use in 1993 and maybe in spring trainging or pregame warmups in 1994. I don't see that he ever played right field in an official game for the 1994 season.

Just out of curiousity, does anyone know how long most players will use the same glove? I'm sure it's different for everyone but does anyone have any insight on that subject?

Thanks to everyone for looking. I should have pics of the glove up by Wednesday.

-Jason M

Hey Jason, it all depends on the player. I've heard sometimes players use their gloves for a year, or maybe 2. when he went to Texas, he never played that much of the field. thats why I find that a Canseco fielding glove, is probably the hardest thing to obtain. the glove your getting, is a tan or black glove? it probably will have light wear, but just be thankful you found one. looking forward on seeing your glove. thanks Dan

Thanks

My glove is black and he signed it on the red Rawlings label. It definitely looks used but it's lightly used. I'm really excited about getting it because it's the one thing I thought was so rare that I may never get one. He was basically a DH for the last 8 years of his career. I'm feeling pretty lucky because I happened to be at the right place at the right time.

-Jason M

I got it today. It's definitely soft and broken in with some light usage. Here are the pics.

And finally a picture of my collection as it currently is. The jersey is one of those Scoreboard 2 of 1990s that are always popping up.

-Jason M

New addition! I picked up this game used 1988 undershirt from Universal Rarities.

-Jason M