Hello & Welcome to our community. Is this your first visit? Register
Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

TV News crew does a story on my Washington Nationals collection

Through the power of Twitter, the local CBS affiliate here in Washington DC was inspired by this weekend's Hall Of Fame stories to find the best collection of Nats items that would be HOF worthy of the 10 year history of Nats baseball.

A few people contacted their station for their "open" call, and a buddy on Twitter hooked it up and they sent the sports anchor and a cameraman and we spent 2 hours together. Hard to believe they will edit it down to less than a minute from all the video they shot.

I took a little video of the intro. I'm sure they will edit it so you don't see the reporter's green socks (made him take his shoes off) and his shorts. It was casual Friday I guess.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uT7ujM3-MiI
    Regards,
    Andrew Lang
    AllstarsPlus@aol.com
    202-716-8500

Re: TV News crew does a story on my Washington Nationals collection

That's awesome Andrew!!! I'd hope to see the clip when it airs. Better yet, I'd just love to see your entire collection someday!!!
    always looking for Detroit Tiger world series player bats......game used 2006 & 2012 world series items....Quintin Berry bats....also interested in Ivan Rodriguez bats...
    Thank you, Dale
    tigers1984@comcast.net

That's pretty cool.

Very cool! If you get a chance, please post the link to the final product.

I will definitely do that. It's supposed to air on Wednesday.
    Regards,
    Andrew Lang
    AllstarsPlus@aol.com
    202-716-8500

Very cool! Can't wait to see the final segment...
    Always on the lookout for Garin Cecchini game used items especially Greenville Drive and Salem Red Sox jerseys.
    I accept PM's so shoot me a message.

Congrats Andrew- a well deserved honor! I don't often post here but can't wait to see the finished product and a brief tour of the collection. Hopefully we can connect at Camden Yard when I am back in a few weeks.

Andrew-very cool!

The 49ers came out to Hawaii in May and they shot two days worth of video relating to my family and my collection. It was super fun. The second day of filming we went up to our beach house on the north shore of Oahu and shot some great action scenes of me and my son playing beach football decked out in 49er gear. The two guys that shot the video were super stoked to be visiting Hawaii and to be filming in shorts and bare feat while running up and down the beach. The film crew also caught up with Russ Francis while they were here and both of us will be featured in the new series the 49ers have put together on "super fans". The show will air during the regular season plus will be posted on the 49er website.

It seems as if GUU is well represented with regards to teams getting together with GUU members and featuring them and their collections.

I too will check out the link when it is posted.

Paul

Very nice Andrew!

I'm anxious to see the finished product as well.

Bill

Quote Originally Posted by solarlottry View Post
    Andrew-very cool!

The 49ers came out to Hawaii in May and they shot two days worth of video relating to my family and my collection. It was super fun. The second day of filming we went up to our beach house on the north shore of Oahu and shot some great action scenes of me and my son playing beach football decked out in 49er gear. The two guys that shot the video were super stoked to be visiting Hawaii and to be filming in shorts and bare feat while running up and down the beach. The film crew also caught up with Russ Francis while they were here and both of us will be featured in the new series the 49ers have put together on "super fans". The show will air during the regular season plus will be posted on the 49er website.

It seems as if GUU is well represented with regards to teams getting together with GUU members and featuring them and their collections.

I too will check out the link when it is posted.

Paul
    That is very cool and video chronicling of a collection is very cool done by pros.

I'm hoping at some point the team wants to start a team museum and I can give them my collection so they can share it with everyone. The Cardinals and Reds and other teams have their own "team" museums.

I have 100's of jerseys and most are tucked away in boxes and I now have a large closet dedicated to my best jerseys including the team transition from Expos to Nats.
    Regards,
    Andrew Lang
    AllstarsPlus@aol.com
    202-716-8500