Hello & Welcome to our community. Is this your first visit? Register
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Re: Wall Bat Display

After about a month of working with a few different vendors, I have finished my display at work. Below are a few "finished product" photos. Now I just need a few more (four) bats to fill it up.

And what I was looking to accomplish (one of the six):

Nice display.

Quote Originally Posted by helf35 View Post
    Nice display.
    Thanks for the compliment. Appreciate it.

I think that case is amazing. When I saw it at Fenway I immediately knew its what I want. Did you have to go do different vendors or were you able to buy the case pretty close to that size/spec through one source?

Quote Originally Posted by Umiami338 View Post
    I think that case is amazing. When I saw it at Fenway I immediately knew its what I want. Did you have to go do different vendors or were you able to buy the case pretty close to that size/spec through one source?
    Thank you. I ended up "piecing" it together actually. The wooden deck I had made by a custom cabinet maker. The acrylic case was custom made by a company that specializes in plastics. I ordered it after I had the wood deck so I could give exact measurements of what it would be going around. Lastly, the bat holders were purchased off eBay and self installed.

I love the way it turned out and have a personal flaw that when I get an idea... I don't stop until I have completed it. This is one example of that.

If any one is interested in dimensions, feel free to let me know.

The display came out really nice! If you don't mind, can you please email me as much detail as you can about your display? Specially the measurements, whether the acrylic case is set flush to the wooden deck, how is the back of the deck for hanging purposes, whether you stained the deck or not, which company you used for the acrylic case, which eBay seller you got the holders, measurement on putting them up, etc. Thank you!

Quote Originally Posted by esigs View Post
    The display came out really nice! If you don't mind, can you please email me as much detail as you can about your display? Specially the measurements, whether the acrylic case is set flush to the wooden deck, how is the back of the deck for hanging purposes, whether you stained the deck or not, which company you used for the acrylic case, which eBay seller you got the holders, measurement on putting them up, etc. Thank you!
    Awesome display! I would also appreciate details pls, if not too much trouble? Thanks in advance! Chris (chris@pacmedia.ca)
    WANTED -1977 Toronto Blue Jays game jersey

chris@pacmedia.ca

i don't know how difficult it would be to find, but i made mine out of an endcap from a store rack, that was selling everything because it was closing. i bought 1/8 wire hooks and set it up. i am really happy with it and the wife is as well. total cost, about $60.
    Name:  DSC03267 (1024x650).jpg
Views: 368
Size:  342.1 KB

I can email pictures of my homemade bat displays to anyone; just ask. I have no idea how to post pics here so that's the best I can do
    ROBERT KOPPEL
    Skyking26 - 35 year collector of Dave Kingman memorabilia. Also seek 500 HR and 3000 Hit GU Bats,
    and 1968, 1984, HOF Tigers GU Bats...Skyking442@hotmail.com

This is awesome man. I too was in awe of those bat displays in Fenway. how did you fasten the acrylic to the wood?