Hello & Welcome to our community. Is this your first visit? Register
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

One game used item with most number of photo matches?

I have a gamed used bat that has been photo matched to 15 games, total of 44 at bats, and 2 HR's hit during that 15 game period. Does anyone have a game used item with more?
    Regards, Tony

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

~I'm sorry, I can't hear you....my World Series Ring is making too much NOISE! - Alex Rodriguez~

Re: One game used item with most number of photo matches?

Yeah my Jonathan Lucroy glove used all last season probably shatters those numbers out of the water...but I'm not sure they are very comparable. Helmets also would garner a ton of photomatches especially with the new style.

Leaving out those two types of items that is an incredible amount of photo matches.

I cannot top that for a bat but everyone should keep in mind the player and timeframe in which he played. A photo match today is eons easier than it was a decade ago.

Quote Originally Posted by Juan Gris View Post
    I cannot top that for a bat but everyone should keep in mind the player and timeframe in which he played. A photo match today is eons easier than it was a decade ago.
    Agree! My bat is from 2009. I was lucky in that my bat has a specific mark on it that was very easy to identify on the bat in each photo match.
    Regards, Tony

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

~I'm sorry, I can't hear you....my World Series Ring is making too much NOISE! - Alex Rodriguez~

Quote Originally Posted by johnsontravis@ymail.com View Post
    Yeah my Jonathan Lucroy glove used all last season probably shatters those numbers out of the water...but I'm not sure they are very comparable. Helmets also would garner a ton of photomatches especially with the new style.

Leaving out those two types of items that is an incredible amount of photo matches.
    Can you post a pic of the glove? Would love to see it!
    Regards, Tony

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Catchers mitts are by far my favorite piece. I cant even fathom the amount of balls Lucroy caught in over 1000 innings behind the dish. Someday I might just start collecting catchers mitts. I also love looking at pictures on getty and just watching the glove get broken in. Goes from a really light tan to a dirty brown over the course of a year, also has a strong smell of line chalk. Solid photo matches don't appear till late April because he starts off the year with a brand new glove.

Hopefully someday I will be able to get into the expensive hobby of collecting gloves and mitts.

I have a Daniel Murphy Mets game used batting helmet from 2013 that was likely used for the entire season, according to conversations I had with the Mets game used staff.

The helmet has a very identifiable white oval-shaped scuff mark above the NY logo, and I was able to spot the scuff in various photos from June, July, August and September. The helmet was collected by the Mets after the last game of the season.

The fact that I couldn't match the helmet to games played in April and May only means that the scuff may have occurred in June.

Altogether, it was a fantastic experience being able to spot my helmet in so many games and photos.
    Looking for ...
    Any Game Used Mets jerseys from 1986 and 1987
    Any Keith Hernandez, Ron Darling, Lee Mazzilli and John Olerud Mets items
    Email me at TNT_Toys@yahoo.com

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by TNTtoys View Post
    I have a Daniel Murphy Mets game used batting helmet from 2013 that was likely used for the entire season, according to conversations I had with the Mets game used staff.

The helmet has a very identifiable white oval-shaped scuff mark above the NY logo, and I was able to spot the scuff in various photos from June, July, August and September. The helmet was collected by the Mets after the last game of the season.

The fact that I couldn't match the helmet to games played in April and May only means that the scuff may have occurred in June.

Altogether, it was a fantastic experience being able to spot my helmet in so many games and photos.
    I've got a piece that's appeared on 2 SI covers,, and too many photomatches and videomatches to count.

I once owned Pujols' road helmet from 2011. Matched it to all but 2 of his road HRs and the reason I couldn't match it to the other two was that it was too new then. Had a distinctive mark on it. Matched it to his last reg season AB as a Card and the first game of the playoffs that year. Quite certain it was used all reg season which surprised me.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by mickeymbz View Post
    I've got a piece that's appeared on 2 SI covers,, and too many photomatches and videomatches to count.
    si
    Attached Images Attached Images