Hello & Welcome to our community. Is this your first visit? Register
Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast

Got negtive feedback from item showing "too much" game use!

This is a new one for me, just got negative feedback on ebay, from a buyer who said that the (game used) item he bought which showed use in the photos was way too dirty for him to wear.

This industry always seems to amaze me, along side an increase in foolish ebay buyers

Re: Got negtive feedback from item showing "too much" game use!

Do you have a link to your eBay auction? I'm curious to see what the jersey looks like.

Its game used what do they expect? Thats funny. I have been getting request for the sizes of some of my jerseys. They dont want the number they want the actual size large, x-large. I assumed it was for framing purposes until I got a reply that the jersey was to big for me. When I asked are you planning on wearing it his respone was, yes hes my favorite player.

Quote Originally Posted by jake33 View Post
    This is a new one for me, just got negative feedback on ebay, from a buyer who said that the (game used) item he bought which showed use in the photos was way too dirty for him to wear.
    That's what you get for dealing in items with so much use…..you should know better
    Christopher Cavalier
    Consignment Director - Heritage Auctions

Wasn't there a debate on here one time about washing game used jerseys?
    Maybe the buyer is one of "those" people.

Not exactly the same thing, but I did run across a collector who wanted a bat from me at one point and lost interest with it due to "too much" use.

They assumed it was used in BP from the amount of ballmarks (although it was a natural LVS and had no green marks on it). I took the position that the heavy tar, deep seam marks, and cleats marks minimally showed it was a gamer at some point OR (like alot of players) maybe the same bat he used in BP was used later in games.

You might want to go ahead and post their user ID so others on here can place them on the blocked bidder list, nobody needs that garbage.

Quote Originally Posted by emann View Post
    Not exactly the same thing, but I did run across a collector who wanted a bat from me at one point and lost interest with it due to "too much" use.

They assumed it was used in BP from the amount of ballmarks (although it was a natural LVS and had no green marks on it). I took the position that the heavy tar, deep seam marks, and cleats marks minimally showed it was a gamer at some point OR (like alot of players) maybe the same bat he used in BP was used later in games.
    I have never understood why people assume a "batting practice" bat is just that and that only and could have never been used in a game.

Quote Originally Posted by Roady View Post
    I have never understood why people assume a "batting practice" bat is just that and that only and could have never been used in a game.
    I think the majority of collectors are too literal and want to fantasize that all the ball marks and use on their bats came from home runs that won the game, or a bases clearing triple—not a boring old BP home run or a pop-out.

You couldn't get a more narrow-minded view when nobody knows the full history of any given item... especially bats.

But, let them continue to think that, I'll take a hammered gamer that may have acquired some of the marks in BP over a light use gamer any day!

I can't even count how many times I have been asked the size on something. I think it is weekly I get asked the size of a hat I am trying to sell on EBay which is MLB Authenticated. I also had many people ask me the size on a jersey to never hear back.

I don't know, but I try not to judge what people feel like doing. If I had a serious collection filled with superstars I'd probably buy game used stuff of lesser players just to wear instead of getting retail. And to be honest if I was swimming in money I'd probably buy Mike Trout's hat and wear it just to feel like a B.A.

I don't think any of us should judge someone wanting to wear GU gear, I mean aren't we the people paying $20,000 for a dirty piece of cloth etc? Just my opinion.

As far as the guy leaving negative feedback that's tricky. You and him had a different point of view on the item. You hang it on the wall and the other guy wants to wear it. I can see where he would be upset if he thought it was in better condition and it was worse than he orginally thought. Everyone has a different view on things.