Hello & Welcome to our community. Is this your first visit? Register
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Re: New User Here with a question about steiner

Quote Originally Posted by marino13 View Post
    You can always get a job with the company and then you tell me.

Again, there is a database and it is for internal use only. It is NOT for tracking or anything else. It is for INTERNAL use only. If you dont know what that means or need clearer answer, I dont know what to tell you.

PS. I have never worked for the company. If I did, I will never getting any bills paid since I will be using my employee's discount on the gamer.
    I get what you're saying, but that does no one any good. Basically if you buy a bat with a sticker but no letter, you're SOL. They have a sticker with numbers, yet no database available to the public. Makes perfect sense.

Quote Originally Posted by Hoosier39 View Post
    I get what you're saying, but that does no one any good. Basically if you buy a bat with a sticker but no letter, you're SOL. They have a sticker with numbers, yet no database available to the public. Makes perfect sense.
    Why would you bat a bat with just a sticker?

With all my game used bat from steiner - all of them has letters and holograms, some even have MLB holograms and the letter that stated the MLB number!

Why would you bat a bat with just a sticker?

With all my game used bat from steiner - all of them has letters and holograms, some even have MLB holograms and the letter that stated the MLB number!
    Because some people sell bats with the sticker only because they lost the letter? Happens all the time.

You can always get a job with the company and then you tell me.

Again, there is a database and it is for internal use only. It is NOT for tracking or anything else. It is for INTERNAL use only. If you dont know what that means or need clearer answer, I dont know what to tell you.

PS. I have never worked for the company. If I did, I will never getting any bills paid since I will be using my employee's discount on the gamer.
    I believe you are full of BS.

And I know of no one here or anywhere is has ever spouted the BS you're spouting.
    You offer zero proof and only come back with childish post.

BS

Just a follow up to this.
    I did some digging in old GUU threads about this and found this......
    http://www.gameuseduniverse.net/vb_f...ad.php?p=50263
    This is form 2007, thats 2007 mind you.

Default Re: Anyone's Steiner Holograms entered into the database?
    I can confirm that all numbered game used and game issued holograms issued on items through our team partnerships are indeed recorded and cataloged internally before shipment of an item. We do have every intention of eventually making this available to view through www.steinersports.com as it is done on mlb.com. Please keep in mind though this is a significant undertaking and remains a work in progress. At this time I do not have a date to announce when this will be completed but I do assure you all that we have every intention of eventually making this a reality. I'll make sure you are all informed when this is finished.

Brooks Cowan"

So Mr. Cowan did confirm that they have an internal database and was supposed to make it public in the future, from 2007.
    Guess they decided not to make it public and I can confirm if you call now that they will tell you they do not keep an internal database.

And I am not the only one who got this answer.
    This is from 2009...
    http://www.gameuseduniverse.com/vb_f...ad.php?t=26840

"Join Date: Mar 2006
    Default Re: Will Steiner confirm authentication numbers go with an item if you call them?
    You guys both were right. Steiner does have a hologram lookup on their site but it doesn't work at all and I called them today and they say there is no way to check hologram numbers except with the corresponding letter (which is lost on the item I am trying to check on). They don't have the hologram numbers recorded anywhere at all.

I hope everyone that puts so much stock in 'Steiner authenticity' understands they have a system in place that has no way of being checked/confirmed. An item may have a hologram on it but without the letter you have no way of knowing if the item has been altered, a generic cap that has had someone's number added to it later, a game issue jersey that has had use added, a game issue bat that has had use added to it etc., etc."

And there are more threads from GUU that confirm the same answer I was given.

Quote Originally Posted by Roady View Post
    Just a follow up to this.
    I did some digging in old GUU threads about this and found this......
    http://www.gameuseduniverse.net/vb_f...ad.php?p=50263
    This is form 2007, thats 2007 mind you.

Default Re: Anyone's Steiner Holograms entered into the database?
    I can confirm that all numbered game used and game issued holograms issued on items through our team partnerships are indeed recorded and cataloged internally before shipment of an item. We do have every intention of eventually making this available to view through www.steinersports.com as it is done on mlb.com. Please keep in mind though this is a significant undertaking and remains a work in progress. At this time I do not have a date to announce when this will be completed but I do assure you all that we have every intention of eventually making this a reality. I'll make sure you are all informed when this is finished.

Brooks Cowan"

So Mr. Cowan did confirm that they have an internal database and was supposed to make it public in the future, from 2007.
    Guess they decided not to make it public and I can confirm if you call now that they will tell you they do not keep an internal database.

And I am not the only one who got this answer.
    This is from 2009...
    http://www.gameuseduniverse.com/vb_f...ad.php?t=26840

"Join Date: Mar 2006
    Default Re: Will Steiner confirm authentication numbers go with an item if you call them?
    You guys both were right. Steiner does have a hologram lookup on their site but it doesn't work at all and I called them today and they say there is no way to check hologram numbers except with the corresponding letter (which is lost on the item I am trying to check on). They don't have the hologram numbers recorded anywhere at all.

I hope everyone that puts so much stock in 'Steiner authenticity' understands they have a system in place that has no way of being checked/confirmed. An item may have a hologram on it but without the letter you have no way of knowing if the item has been altered, a generic cap that has had someone's number added to it later, a game issue jersey that has had use added, a game issue bat that has had use added to it etc., etc."

And there are more threads from GUU that confirm the same answer I was given.

I am full of BS ... and childish? and you already got the SAME answer but you need proof?

who is the dumb ass here?

Come one now!

There is an internal database and it is NOT for general public and that is that!

And if you are buying a Steiner bat with just a hologram on it -- you are as dumb as a doorknob!

Bottom line, you got your answer with the tampered hologram and you still want to take a gamble with the "non letter gamer" and hoping to fish out some answer so you can see if you make a right purchased or you just got swindled .... you take a risk and now you want to help to verify?

First, acknowledged that back in 2006 Steiner claimed they kept an internal database.

Second, they don't claim to do that now and members here as far back as 2009 say the same thing I say.

Third, the hologram bat thing is someone else.

Fourth, reading comprehension before temper tantrum.

http://www.gameuseduniverse.com/vb_f...ad.php?t=34143

Interesting read from 2010 that deals with this same issue and backs up what I have said. The Steiner rep would not even answer the question.
    Maybe marino13 is the only one in the world with proof of this "internal database". But like Steiner will not provide any proof of it's existence.

" #14 Report Post
    Old 03-23-2010, 02:34 PM

Default Re: Steiner admits there are many "fake" Steiner products

Indy, do you remember the old GUU threads when people argued with me that Steiner's tracking system was as good as MeiGray's? At the time, I just had to laugh. There would be many laughing with me now. I wonder where these GUU users are now? They still post, but not in any of the recent threads about Steiner's tracking system, the fake items on eBay, or this thread about Steiner telling LegalEagle that you can only trust Steiner items that are purchased directly from the company. No surprise, though."

"Old 03-23-2010, 03:05 PM

Default Re: Steiner admits there are many "fake" Steiner products
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by mbenga28 View Post
    what's the purpose of using those numbered holograms if they're not even trackable, why not just issue the same general hologram they place on their signed items?
    I think the main purpose of the numbered holograms was to make sure the LOA and the game used/issued item go together. Before the numbers, there seemed to be a lot of "switching". Also, I think Steiner had the intention of starting a database for the hologram numbers, but for whatever reason, never followed through.

Steiner is now using MLB Authentication more and more, so I see that as a step in the right direction.

-Chris"

Quote Originally Posted by Roady View Post
    First, acknowledged that back in 2006 Steiner claimed they kept an internal database.

Second, they don't claim to do that now and members here as far back as 2009 say the same thing I say.

Third, the hologram bat thing is someone else.

Fourth, reading comprehension before temper tantrum.

why would they have to claimed anything -- when it comes to INTERNAL stuff? It is INTERNAL!

I know it is difficult for outsiders to understand the term internally --

If the sign on the door said CLOSED and you keep trying to find out what does that means --- you are as dumb as doorknob ... and you deserve to get scammed!

Another thing, Steiner is a MILLION dollar company --- and you think, they dont have some tracking system in place?

Back to square one -- you are as dumb as it comes!

Bottom line, why would I provide proof even if I had seen it or whatever, what does that do for you? ABSOLUTELY nothing.

So, if there is nothing to gain from the inquiry, why bother with proof or "seeing is believing" s h i t?