Hello & Welcome to our community. Is this your first visit? Register
Page 1 of 8 123 ... LastLast

Celebz Direct & Hgpdiamond Questionable business practices

I'm sure a lot of people on here have seen Celebzdirect pushing their "game used" items on eBay. Some might have noticed that Hgpdiamond on eBay is Celebzdirect business partner or "sister company" as they call it. What most don't know is their COAs are completely made up and use facsimile signature to imply the history or these sold items.

I recently noticed my coa was signed with a facsimile signature so I contacted Celebzdirect asking about it and was told that this is their practice (making the coa and using a copy of the signature) because its unrealistic to have the athletes sign the coa. I reached out to Hgpdiamond to return a game used JC Romero jersey because it shows zero use and the coa wasn't from Romero saying it was game used but from Hgpdiamond with his signature copied onto it to make it look like it was signed by him authenticating it.

I was told by Steve - president of Hgpdiamond - that CD never used copies of COAs or signatures. Once I proved it to him he became very defensive about it but would not answer my questions of why he said they don't use them but CD emailed me and told me they do or why would it even be needed if the items are genuine. I said I felt like it was something that others on sports forums would care to know as well.
    He replied:

First I don't care about the sports forum I think there a joke second we've been in business for over 40 years so I don't need sports forums we have customers all over United States international and domestic that have done and do business with us daily. any threats or misuse of our company will be dealt with. again send back the jersey and we will refund you. as stated

To me this type of attitude when questioned about copies of signatures passed of as authentication to verify the items shows something isn't right and their business practices should be questioned. Everyone is free to purchase from anyone they want - I just wanted to bring to light that you should make sure if buying from either company you should ask if the coa has a genuine signature of the player authenticating the items background.

Banned

Re: Celebz Direct & Hgpdiamond Questionable business practices

I don't know who "Steve" or this "sister" company is, but Scot Monette runs CelebzDirect.

http://www.nydailynews.com/sports/i-...icle-1.1159317

Without making reference to any wrongdoing on anyone's part, I simply ask, what would you expect from a guy who's ex-business partner claims it was "his idea to play home run derby" with bats to make them look game used?

"High integrity" doesn't really come to mind.

I was wondering about this. Also wonder if they bid up each other's stuff on EBay. I know for a fact Celebz has another EBay username.

Also too-- A LOT of the stuff they sell as used is actually game ready.

After speaking with CelebzDirect again they said they don't have a sister company. They offered to send me a genuine signed loa from Romero even though it was purchased from Hgpdiamond and not direct from them. It looks like Hgpdiamond is trying to use CelebzDirect's name and history to sell their items. They don't appear to be anyone except a company that buys CD's items and resells them.
    Here is Steve's first message to me - clearly he says they are sister companies.

Hello this is Steve president and CEO of Hollywood investment celeb is our sister company I would like to know who you spoke with within the company about the coa. we work ditect with jc romero and all items are 100 percent authentic. you should have recieved a original signature coa not a copy. again I am here with celebz and they do not repeat do not make copies. everything is original and authentic. jc signs all coa direct. as do all of our clients. please let me know who you spoke with. we do guarantee our service and products. thank you

So each LOA is signed by the player? Yeah, that's not true.

Sorry, I thought that was a Celebz response. Not all Celebz LOA's are signed by the players, a lot now are photocopied.

I'm confused. So diamond works direct with Romero and gives a Celebz LOA with the item?

Bought from them in the past, the photo copied COA started midway through last year.

Ironically I bought a bunch of Darren Woodson items, I literally got 12 hand signed COAs. I thought to myself at the time, well that's a bit much. Especially considering some of it was for like a single glove.

Sure enough my next order, had one of the photo copied Woodson COAs. Again, I actually thought well .... no wonder.

From that point on, I either haven't got them or they have been photo copied.

Sadly, one of the Culpepper jerseys I bought was not game used (it was event used) at least that I can tell. Now who's fault it is, Celebz for sending me the COA saying its game used or Dante's for actually signing "game used" on the darn thing.

Quote Originally Posted by Hoosier39 View Post
    Sorry, I thought that was a Celebz response. Not all Celebz LOA's are signed by the players, a lot now are photocopied.

I'm confused. So diamond works direct with Romero and gives a Celebz LOA with the item?
    No - diamond buys from Celebz and then resells the items but tells people they are part of Celebz

Hmm, something doesn't seem right.