Hello & Welcome to our community. Is this your first visit? Register
Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Re: Celebz Direct & Hgpdiamond Questionable business practices

Quote Originally Posted by Hoosier39 View Post
    They do.
    No they don't, it's printed on every card.

I see both sides of the story here, but my point is still...it's all eyes and comfort of the buyer.

I'm sure we have all turned away things with a "COA" a multitude of reasons, I can't recall anytime I ever though "but only if that had a COA".

Quote Originally Posted by RMoody View Post
    No they don't, it's printed on every card. ".
    It is? Do I need to pull some of mine out and show you the ink strokes on the paper?

Or are you just talking about JSA? Because like I said, I don't know whether they do or not.

Quote Originally Posted by Hoosier39 View Post
    It is? Do I need to pull some of mine out and show you the ink strokes on the paper?

Or are you just talking about JSA? Because like I said, I don't know whether they do or not.
    I believe PSA has hand signed signatures on its bat LOAs but not on the autograph LOAs nor the basic COAs, while JSA had hand signed signatures on every LOA but no signature on their basic COAs.

Quote Originally Posted by MikeKam View Post
    I believe PSA has hand signed signatures on its bat LOAs but not on the autograph LOAs nor the basic COAs, while JSA had hand signed signatures on every LOA but no signature on their basic COAs.
    Gotcha. I was under the impression we were talking about game used items, and I'm pretty sure all of my PSA letters are hand signed. But really, does it matter...

First off, I've got plenty of NFL Auction COAs that don't even have a signature printed on them.

The smaller cards , like 4x4 are not signed, they are printed right on the card. I have a pair of Brian Urlacher gloves that for some reason EACH have PSA Certs, the COAs are identical with the exclusion of 1 digit.

I find it funny that HGP is claiming at any point to be a sister company of CD, since I asked that very question about two months ago. I was told that they just buy stuff from CD and sell later. This came up, since it looked like HGP was the back-up plan so that CD didn't look like they were bidding up prices.

As for LOAs, both JSA and PSA LOAs are signed by someone. The PSA ones have a bunch of laser printed signatures on the bottom and one actual signature on above those. The JSA letters are signed by Spence II and a notary.

Anyway, CD no longer issues LOAs signed by the consignors or even photocopies of LOAs signed by the consignors. Now they issue a generic COA card with no picture of the item, the consignor's name and a very general description of the item.

The reason I know this is my purchase of an Al Leiter 2002 Spring Training cap from them. Under the impression that the items were accompanied by some sort of photo of the actual item being sold, I asked that the hologram/sticker be attached to the LOA instead of the item, since I didn't want to have to remove gum residue from the cap when I try taking off the sticker.

Instead of getting an LOA, I got a baseball card (about) sized card with a sticker on it, and a matching serial numbered sticker in an envelope. I've attached the picture so everyone knows what I'm talking about.
    Attached Images Attached Images  

Quote Originally Posted by MikeKam View Post
    Mike, why would you think that PSA LOAs aren't signed? The Maris/Mantle (1964-66 Yankees) signed ball you have up on eBay is authenticated for the signatures, and signed by Zach Rullo. Is the blue signature printed onto the LOA?

MLB authenticated doesn't come with a COA unless you print it out yourself. No signature either, of course.
    The MLB hologram has always been good enough for everyone.

I have Mounted Memories items with just a hologram and no coa that I can look up online. Nobody has ever had a problem with them as long as they can look them up online.

People buy Steiner items without any way of looking them up at all. I wouldn't unless it also had a MLB hologram, but many do.

Most of the Onyx COA's are not really signed but is just a facsimile signature. I have seen some baseball card size ones that are by the athlete but the folded ones they have used for years are not.

I am failing to see the big problem with the COA. To me it's not the signature on a coa but the hologram # matching the hologram # on the item.

And speaking of MLB holograms. How many here have had to contact MLB to get an item corrected. I have. I have a ball that they credited to one hitter when it was actually another hitter. I contacted MLB and they corrected it after I proved it to them.

These Celebz Direct threads seem more like witch hunts sometimes.

And again, many of you put 100% faith and pay many times what something is actually worth just because a single person says it is what it is and signs a piece of paper.
    How many threads have their been on here about mistakes by auction houses and those you hold up to such benevolence?

there not their...oops