Hello & Welcome to our community. Is this your first visit? Register
Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 567

Re: A gorgeous jersey ruined for me at least

I once was someone who really liked autographs on game jerseys. As time goes on I've found that I prefer to own game worn jerseys that have not been signed. That's my preference but it wouldn't dissuade me from purchasing a jersey that I really want.

A message to no one in particular . . . Your personal collecting preferences and the parameters you set should be important to you, but it is not your place to impose those on other collectors. You might think that something is dumb, ugly, awful, ruined, stupid, unbelievable, etc., but the next collector might think that is is simply the best item they have ever seen. What you like and prefer might not be what the next collector likes and prefers. That's what makes this hobby wonderful - there are many different collectors with various tastes and desires.

If you like your jerseys autographed - great! If you find autographed jerseys to be an eyesore - great! If you like unwashed jerseys - great! If you can't stand dirty, stinky garments - great! If you love holograms - great! If you despise holograms pasted on the back number - great! If you like wearing your game-used jerseys - great! If you think that wearing a game-used jersey is an abomination - great! Whatever your preferences, it's all good if it works for you. All that should really matter is whether or not you like an item to add it to your collection.

Collect what you want, how you want, and ignore everyone else as all that matters is to collect what you like and what appeals to you. That's what makes it fun to collect. If we all had the same preferences and parameters, things would be pretty stale and very boring.

Mark Hayne
    Gridiron Exchange
    gixc@verizon.net

Quote Originally Posted by G1X View Post
    A message to no one in particular . . . Your personal collecting preferences and the parameters you set should be important to you, but it is not your place to impose those on other collectors. You might think that something is dumb, ugly, awful, ruined, stupid, unbelievable, etc., but the next collector might think that is is simply the best item they have ever seen. What you like and prefer might not be what the next collector likes and prefers. That's what makes this hobby wonderful - there are many different collectors with various tastes and desires.

If you like your jerseys autographed - great! If you find autographed jerseys to be an eyesore - great! If you like unwashed jerseys - great! If you can't stand dirty, stinky garments - great! If you love holograms - great! If you despise holograms pasted on the back number - great! If you like wearing your game-used jerseys - great! If you think that wearing a game-used jersey is an abomination - great! Whatever your preferences, it's all good if it works for you. All that should really matter is whether or not you like an item to add it to your collection.

Collect what you want, how you want, and ignore everyone else as all that matters is to collect what you like and what appeals to you. That's what makes it fun to collect. If we all had the same preferences and parameters, things would be pretty stale and very boring.

Mark Hayne
    Gridiron Exchange
    gixc@verizon.net
    Attached Images Attached Images  

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by G1X View Post
    A message to no one in particular . . . Your personal collecting preferences and the parameters you set should be important to you, but it is not your place to impose those on other collectors.
    except that no one's doing that

Quote Originally Posted by Roady View Post
    The autograph is the art.
    The player is the artist.
    The jersey is just the canvas.
    Well, that sums up all my opinions perfectly, though I don't get my GU jerseys framed.

I think the auto is sweet...

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Roady View Post
    Don't drink too much or you will wind up like the Mick.