Hello & Welcome to our community. Is this your first visit? Register
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Photomatch?

Re: Photomatch?

Yeah definitely. I can see some loose stitching that's featured on his left thumb and the sizes of each finger seem right but I may just be "wanting" to see that as you say. Same thing as when I started collecting autographs. First baseball I bought turned out to be a forgery but it took me a long time to finally admit that.

Banned

A true photo match is a definitive visual display of evidence showing characteristics that prove an item is what it claims to be.

Although I don't see anything ruling out the possibility of a photo match, it's a stretch to say you have presented a photo match here.

That said, you very well may have the gloves worn in that photo. There just isn't enough detail to establish that fact, IMO.

Chris

If you're trying to establish a photomatch based upon how the gloves were cut, you'd need the following:

1) High resolution version of the image from Getty.
    2) A better depth of field on the focus for your camera.

A lot of the detail is simply blurred out in the pictures you've opted to share.

Part of the problem is using cutting & loose stitching along the cuts/seams as a basis for a match. Since this is something that can be somewhat replicated with a pair of scissors, I'm not sure the logic is the same that applies when comparing puckering of threads on a game used jersey.