Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • helf35
    • Jul 2013

Re: Adam Dunn states "This may be it"?

I think it will take a team like the Rangers to sign him. Close to home and could put up a decent line up with a chance to win. Not sure there is really anywhere else for him to go. Maybe Detroit if VMart leaves. Seattle would also be a possibility.

Comment

• calmanagement
      • Jun 2012

Originally posted by helf35
      I think it will take a team like the Rangers to sign him. Close to home and could put up a decent line up with a chance to win. Not sure there is really anywhere else for him to go. Maybe Detroit if VMart leaves. Seattle would also be a possibility.

Helf35, I really hope the Tigers resign Vmart. He's a top 5 hitter in all of MLB but my fear is the White Sox or another club will grossly overpay for him. If that should happen I know DD is smart enough not to sign Dunn. I hope Dunn doesn't retire and gets to 500 but no way the Tigers bite on his services. Thankfully they signed Vmart instead of Dunn 4 years ago. The Astros are a perfect fit. Carter and Dunn home run show in Houston.
      Collecting Miguel Cabrera and Detroit Tigers
      sigpic

Comment

• helf35
        • Jul 2013

Originally posted by calmanagement
        Helf35, I really hope the Tigers resign Vmart. He's a top 5 hitter in all of MLB but my fear is the White Sox or another club will grossly overpay for him. If that should happen I know DD is smart enough not to sign Dunn. I hope Dunn doesn't retire and gets to 500 but no way the Tigers bite on his services. Thankfully they signed Vmart instead of Dunn 4 years ago. The Astros are a perfect fit. Carter and Dunn home run show in Houston.
        I read an article about the Sox having VMART on the top of there to do list. All speculation but it would make sense. Abreu is not Cabrera but he is a damn good hitter and I think VMART would still see the pitches he is getting now. He is having his best season at 35 so I hope the Sox will pass for what his price tag will be. I am sure someone will give him way to many years. I wouldn't mind seeing him on a 1 or 2 year deal but I don't think taking him to years 39-40 will pan out for the Sox since they are still a few years away and that's best case senerio. Houston is young and talented but they are still years away from competing in a division championship. If he goes to Houston its for 500 or a chance to get traded to another contender at the deadline. I truly believe if he plays another year he will only play for a contender. I think your exactly correct that Detroit would not sign him I am just stating I believe that's the type of line up he needs to be in. He needs to hit sandwich between 2 good hitters for him to see better pitches.

Comment

• ironmanfan
          • Sep 2005

I heard today on MLB Network Radio that Dunn will indeed retire. It's a shame that the A's couldn't find a pinch hitting opportunity for him in a 12 inning game.

Comment

• Jags Fan Dan
            • Apr 2007

Since he is really going to retire, I want to share my favorite memory of him as a Reds fan. I was at an afternoon game, I believe against the Giants, with a bunch of guys from work. Two runners got on for the Reds and they walked the guy ahead of Dunn to load the bases. I turned to my buddy and said something to the effect of "He's making $10 million a year and they just walked the guy ahead of him to load the bases. If he has a hair on his whole body he will be pissed." And sure enough, the Big Donkey hit a grand slam. That was sweet. Man, he sure hit a lot of pretty, arching homeruns.

Comment

• Roady
              • Jun 2012

Originally posted by ironmanfan
              I heard today on MLB Network Radio that Dunn will indeed retire. It's a shame that the A's couldn't find a pinch hitting opportunity for him in a 12 inning game.
              Moneyball for the loss! I think moneyball has been proven to be overrated. How many championships have the A's won with Billy Bean the genius?

Comment

• helf35
                • Jul 2013

Originally posted by ironmanfan
                I agree with the logic with the starting line up and it indeed worked but i find it hard to believe that you cant find a spot to pinch hit dunn in an extra 3 innings. I would still think its possible he would play for the right situation it just will depend on if that situation arises.

Comment

• skyking26
                  • Dec 2005

It will be interesting to see if he can walk away from 500 HRS. I agree I find it senseless how Bob Melvin can keep Dunn out of the lineup of a series on the line. That said; Dunn could leave his mark on the game with 500 - something to tell the kids about.

If he walks away; I'll at least be moving his home helmet with the Reds. I'll contact you if I indeed move it.
                  ROBERT KOPPEL
                  Skyking26 - 35 year collector of Dave Kingman memorabilia. Also seek 500 HR and 3000 Hit GU Bats,
                  and 1968, 1984, HOF Tigers GU Bats...Skyking442@hotmail.com

Comment

Working...