Hello & Welcome to our community. Is this your first visit? Register
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Miggy Cabrera signing?

Anyone know if Miggy is signing anywhere soon? I have a 2013 uncracked SAM I want signed/inscribed. What is his typical fee?

Re: Miggy Cabrera signing?

I'm not sure how good my logic is here, but my guess is he's charging $200-$250 to sign bats.

$40 for standard sportscards through Tigers Foundation (until yesterday - as of today, they will return all envelopes to sender; new pricing will be announced in Spring, I think.)

Miggy had a signing on 14 Aug at DC Sports. The pricing is no longer posted on their site, but they do have prices for items that had been signed:

16x20 photos: $324.99
    Generic OMLB Baseballs: $274.99
    Generic Bats & Black baseballs: $399.99
    Bats with TC inscription: $524.99
    Game Model bat (unused): $749.99

They have a Rick Porcello signing coming up with the following ticket prices:

Flats (up to 11x14) & balls: $35
    Premiums: $45
    Inscriptions: $20 per five word phrase

They also have items available for pre-order.

8x10: $46.99
    Baseballs: $61.99
    Jerseys: $129.99 (#48) & $169.99 (#21)

All of that information led me to believe they were asking $150 for flats/balls. Then add another $25-$50 for premium item and another $25-50 for the game used inscription. I'm guessing that based upon the spread of $110 (give or take) on Matthew Stafford signed helmets in stock (from his last signing) and pre-order (for his next signing).

Super Moderator

I believe the prices they had posted were... $350 for a bat and $60 per inscription. I could be wrong, but that's what I recall. I'd call them up, I think they do signings somewhat frequently.

I went to one of his signings this summer and the price was $350 for anything GU, and $80 for an inscription. (Balls/flats were $200, and there was an intermediary price for large flats/non-GU jerseys etc.)

-Randy

Wow, so I'm looking at least 400 for his sig and 2013 MVP inscription? If I were to sell the bat would it be worth having it signed? The bat shows good use and is uncracked. What would a Miggy collector value this bat at? I've seen prices for 2012 and 2013 anywhere from 1500 on up to over 3K. Thanks for the help.

Jason
    Lakeside62401@hotmail.com

It would probably add *some* value to have it signed, since some people might accept that as some degree of provenance. However, if you're just looking to sell the bat, maybe the added value wouldn't be hugely significant, since it'd need to be worth at least $500+ more with the signature to offset potential fees on eBay or $700+ to offset auction house and buyer's premium fees through other venues.

Quote Originally Posted by danesei@yahoo.com View Post
    It would probably add *some* value to have it signed, since some people might accept that as some degree of provenance. However, if you're just looking to sell the bat, maybe the added value wouldn't be hugely significant, since it'd need to be worth at least $500+ more with the signature to offset potential fees on eBay or $700+ to offset auction house and buyer's premium fees through other venues.
    Yeah, I don't ebay though but would not be opposed to putting it at auction and trying it. I know he sure does have a nice looking signature and it would look great in silver or gold paint pen on this bat. Might be better to let the next person decide though.

Posts some pics of the bat, we'd love to see some pics!!

Ask and ye shall receive! Here she is. Sure would look great with a gold paint pen auto?! I've spoken to another Cabrera collector and asked about the absence of the SAM sticker on the knob. He said it is not uncommon for them to come off, and I can see some residue where it looks like it was on there. I do know that the 24 is his handwriting based on seeing it on tons of other bats. I'd call it medium use at least. Anyone have a best estimate of it's value after seeing the pics? Would you pay the 4-450 to have it signed before selling it? Any other questions I can be reached at Lakeside62401@hotmail.com. Thanks for the help and opinions.
    Attached Images Attached Images  

Cool looking bat. Odd it only has a number on the bottom and doesn't have any Tigers weight markings. Normally a number and weight markings would be on both ends. Not sure if that would effect the value or bring down the grade if PSA graded it.