Hello & Welcome to our community. Is this your first visit? Register

McGwire '98 Gamer?

Looking for a little education. Saw this McGwire gamer listed (and appeared sold) in two previous Ebay auctions over the past two weeks.
    http://www.ebay.com/itm/1998-HR-Seas...item3394c41d55

As indicated in the listing, this same bat sold at a premium in a recent Mears auction (Jan. 2014). In the Mears listing, it states that the bat comes with a "Sportzone" hologram and COA. Searched for Sportzone on line, but haven't come up with anything definitive.

Anyone shed some light?

Re: McGwire '98 Gamer?

I'd highly recommend Jeff Scott as an expert on Cardinals McGwire bats. In fact he has just written something in the September pickups thread that you may find useful.
    Looking for ...
    Any Game Used Mets jerseys from 1986 and 1987
    Any Keith Hernandez, Ron Darling, Lee Mazzilli and John Olerud Mets items
    Email me at TNT_Toys@yahoo.com

Re: McGwire '98 Gamer?

Quote Originally Posted by Westsiders View Post
    Looking for a little education. Saw this McGwire gamer listed (and appeared sold) in two previous Ebay auctions over the past two weeks.
    http://www.ebay.com/itm/1998-HR-Seas...item3394c41d55

As indicated in the listing, this same bat sold at a premium in a recent Mears auction (Jan. 2014). In the Mears listing, it states that the bat comes with a "Sportzone" hologram and COA. Searched for Sportzone on line, but haven't come up with anything definitive.

Anyone shed some light?

the auto is authentic. the pine tar is wrong. I have seen this bat before as well. It was originally put into the market from California sports investments many years back.