Hello & Welcome to our community. Is this your first visit? Register
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Billy Butler Team USA Game Used Jersey

I have for sale or Trade Billy Butlers 2002 Team USA Home Jersey. I bought this at Goldin Auctions 2014 Opening Day Auction. The link is provided below with photos as well. I'm asking $230 Shipped with payment made by Paypal friends and family or $240 using a paypal invoice. I would be interested in game used jerseys or bats in trade. There are too many players to list that I would accept in trade so email me with what you'd be willing to trade and we'll go from there. Please keep trades reasonable and fair as I believe I have set my price very fair.

Cheers,
    Joe

http://goldinauctions.com/LotDetail....ventoryid=9580

Re: Billy Butler Team USA Game Used Jersey

Forgot to mention that the LOA which is from our favorite jersey expert Dave Miedema references a nameplate on the back but there is no nameplate. I had Goldin Auctions replace the letter twice but the error never got fully corrected. Either way it's a fantastic gamer from the absolute earliest parts of Billys baseball career.

Is it signed?

NM didn't see the link. Looks like it isn't signed. Thanks!

There are other issues with those LOA, several of them from that auction.

Billy Butler was not on the 2002 National Team. In 2002 he was 16 years old and was on the 16U team. Accordingly its a bit misleading that they described these as "Olympic" jerseys. Also it is incorrect to say he was a member of the "National Team". Maybe, nit picking a bit, but it made me question whether there were Butler used 16U jerseys, or if they were actually National team jerseys worn by somebody else.

Billy did play on an Olympic Qualifying team, but not until 2006.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Wes Campbell

Quote Originally Posted by CampWest View Post
    There are other issues with those LOA, several of them from that auction.

Billy Butler was not on the 2002 National Team. In 2002 he was 16 years old and was on the 16U team. Accordingly its a bit misleading that they described these as "Olympic" jerseys. Also it is incorrect to say he was a member of the "National Team". Maybe, nit picking a bit, but it made me question whether these were Butler used 16U jerseys, or if they were actually National team jerseys worn by somebody else.

Billy did play on an Olympic Qualifying team, but not until 2006.
    I don't like the word I used there. Please strike "misleading" from the record. I really meant confusing/inaccurate.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Wes Campbell

Correct Billy was on the 16U team but it is still referred to as the 16U National Team. I thought the highest level team which I believe is the 18U correct me if I'm wrong had NOB? I also didn't see any reference to it being called an Olympic jersey? It's surprising how difficult it is to find information on these early National Teams.

The LOA says 2002 Olympic on it, so I think that's where the reference came from. Beyond that, the highest team (depending upon how we define highest) would be either the professional team (minor leaguers) or the collegiate national team.

For what it's worth, Billy Butler was named as a member of the following teams:

2002 16u
    2003 18u
    2005 CONCEBE Olympic Qualifier
    2006 COPABE Olympic Qualifier

I think the CNT is usually the team that is referred to as the US National Team, though.

Quote Originally Posted by danesei@yahoo.com View Post
    I think the CNT is usually the team that is referred to as the US National Team, though.
    After a minimal amount of research, I discovered the above is no longer true. As of the 2008 Olympics, the US National Team (the one that is sent to the Olympics) is apparently the professional team. This conclusion was reached due to Brett Anderson being on the squad.

As for the nameplates on the jerseys, I would think NOB would be used on the pro team jerseys, to avoid NCAA rules conflicts (if they exist).

The LOA I have no longer references anything about the Olympic team. Due to all the questions that surrounded the jersey I'm taking it off the market.