Hello & Welcome to our community. Is this your first visit? Register
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Ray Rice

Ray Rice

Ok, ok, ok, we've all heard by now that the Ravens have cut Ray Rice following the release of the video showing him punching his then fiance. He is a scumbag through and through, and while I think that most offensives are deserving of a second chance, this guy needs to sit out a while and really suffer the consequences of what he did.

That's one point of debate, here's the other...
    http://deadspin.com/adam-schefter-is-fed-up-with-the-nfl-1631937239/all

I think Adamn Schefter is one of the most credible journalists out there with regards to the NFL, and I believe him when he says his inside sources told him that Goodell and the NFL had access to this video, even though the NFL PR guys are saying otherwise. How the hell can they think that suspending him 2 games would be enough? How the hell can they get away with just going "oops," and then installing a new domestic abuse policy after the fact. And wow, have you seen this tweet from back in May?
    https://twitter.com/Ravens/status/469918292061061120

Obviously, Rice is the biggest culprit in all of this, but how big of a scumbag does Goodell and Ravens ownership look in all of this?

Re: Ray Rice

perfectly said. Really Really Really Bad. And Really Bad.

No man should ever place his hands on another woman, this video watched in its entirety gives off the feeling of an abusive relationship both ways. The clip I saw appears to show rice spitting on his then fiancée before they enter the elevator and her reacting with a backhanded slap to the face. A toxic relationship is never good for anyone, ray and his now wife have a lot to figure out.

http://deadspin.com/heres-video-of-r...-an-1631864196

He drug her out of an elevator unconscious. He admitted to knocking her out.
    All of this before the elevator footage.
    And now everyone is mad and saying he deserves more punishment?????????????

And where were these voices when he admitted to knocking her out???????

And just for the record in case my post left any question where I stand...
    He should be banned from the league for life.

Quote Originally Posted by Roady View Post
    He drug her out of an elevator unconscious. He admitted to knocking her out.
    All of this before the elevator footage.
    And now everyone is mad and saying he deserves more punishment?????????????

And where were these voices when he admitted to knocking her out???????
    I think a lot of people were holding off judgement until they were sure of what actually happened in that elevator. I know self-defense is a stupid argument when you're a fit NFL athlete fighting a woman half your size, but there was that side of it being thrown around. The issue I have is that the NFL saw this video and moved forward with their paltry punishment. The Ravens could have been easily advised by the NFL on how to proceed. And how did they proceed? They praised Rice as a "good guy" and promoted the hell out of him.

Quote Originally Posted by Skizzick View Post
    I think a lot of people were holding off judgement until they were sure of what actually happened in that elevator. I know self-defense is a stupid argument when you're a fit NFL athlete fighting a woman half your size, but there was that side of it being thrown around. The issue I have is that the NFL saw this video and moved forward with their paltry punishment. The Ravens could have been easily advised by the NFL on how to proceed. And how did they proceed? They praised Rice as a "good guy" and promoted the hell out of him.
    The Ravens and his teammates stood behind him 100%.

Quote Originally Posted by Roady View Post
    The Ravens and his teammates stood behind him 100%.
    Exactly, and if any of them have any self-respect, they'll admit they made the wrong decision to do so. But I guarantee all of them will keep quiet.

Quote Originally Posted by Skizzick View Post
    Exactly, and if any of them have any self-respect, they'll admit they made the wrong decision to do so. But I guarantee all of them will keep quiet.
    Like those marchers in Ferguson acting like idiots without knowing anything that really happened.

To watch his lack of compassion or reget after what he just did, was really shocking to me.
    Regards, Tony

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

~I'm sorry, I can't hear you....my World Series Ring is making too much NOISE! - Alex Rodriguez~