This topic is closed.
X
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • deerhunter
    • Sep 2014

Re: How do i put a value on a rare jersey?

Originally posted by gwh11
    Sorry, here's the pic:

Sorry if i am late, what a great time it was last night, thanks to all who participated. Can i clear this air, i am not looking for some collector to write a check, forget about it until this brown truck pulls up and says "oh yea my Steve Young jersey is here", then throws it in his closet. There may be some work involved in getting all this story strait from the horses mouths that no lazy collector is going to want to do, i am seeking a huge fan of Steve's not a collector. It is not a money thing for me.

After we get Curt to tell the story, then we will find a fair replacement for the jersey by looking at a couple boats i saw on CL in the bay and we can elect for a fair trade hopefully by the experience he had. At least that is what seems like a fair way to do it, but he may want it different though? If you asked my wife she would confirm that I do not drive over the speed limit, i doubt i would not sit for a 100 MPH driver for very long, i was trying to express a concept and maybe the excitement was getting ahold of me a bit over this whole thing last night, forgive me if my exuberence of the moment cause anyone anxiety. I wish only to learn what is a fair value amount on this jersey for my near future reference.

Thank you for finding this article and informing me with a fact that i can now have confidence in. I have been under the assumption over the past two weeks it was worn on the 08/05/94 game with the help of others more knowledgeable than i am on sports memorabilia, but am now back at the beginning of this adventure of when i drug it out of storage. After doing so, a couple weeks back, i typed into Google 'a 1994 game jersey that was worn by Steve Young' and a 49ers forum popped up that i investigated late one night, and with the help of less accurate people than you have proven to be Guy, came up with that date.

I did not like the idea that it was from a preseason game when i found out (thought i found out), hated it actually. I hoped it was an important piece of history, so now i am wondering again, why this jersey? Steve has given Curt lots of this stuff, since way back, but this day was special. Steve knows jerseys i would think, why this one?

Are there any 1994 jersey experts in northern Oregon, who can look at it and the letter, who can call my Skype today? People want a hands-on opinion by now i am sure. I would probably if i was reading this stuff. I see that there are lots of people reading this thread now and because i doubt none has ever seen a LOA like this, we want - we must know, is this the most elaborate scam ever or is this letter and jersey for real? And i hope to know one day why was it this one that he gave him? Any experts have a clue?

Comment

• seanbaseball
      • Aug 2014

Just because you trade the jersey for a boat doesn't make it NOT a money thing. Obviously you want the best boat possible! Whats the difference if you trade it for a boat or sell it and use the cash to buy a boat. No difference! Or perhaps its an IRS issue. Don't want the money showing up in your account and have to report it. By the way IRS considers a trade still income

Comment

• deerhunter
        • Sep 2014

Originally posted by beachpetrol
        The "G" looks different compared to the Goldin jersey.

Can you please identify which picture you mean, maybe i can take a new one that will help see better?

Comment

• deerhunter
          • Sep 2014

Originally posted by seanbaseball
          Just because you trade the jersey for a boat doesn't make it NOT a money thing. Obviously you want the best boat possible! Whats the difference if you trade it for a boat or sell it and use the cash to buy a boat. No difference! Or perhaps its an IRS issue. Don't want the money showing up in your account and have to report it. By the way IRS considers a trade still income
          I have not touched debt notes for a long time sean. After i saw the videos by jonathankleck and learned about the satanic symbols on our money, i gave it up. i sent them back their sscard, birth certificate, ect. After 911 I left the commercial world to found out what's really going on, who i serve and more. If you knew the truth of it all Sean you might too. IRS? I am not in their jurisdiction if i do not use their name or number sean. I can recommend study resources if this information interests you, call me sean.

Comment

• seanbaseball
            • Aug 2014

Originally posted by deerhunter
            I have not touched debt notes for a long time sean. After i saw the videos by jonathankleck and learned about the satanic symbols on our money, i gave it up. i sent them back their sscard, birth certificate, ect. After 911 I left the commercial world to found out what's really going on, who i serve and more. If you knew the truth of it all Sean you might too. IRS? I am not in their jurisdiction if i do not use their name or number sean. I can recommend study resources if this information interests you, call me sean.

I prefer to live in the REAL world but thanks anyway!

Comment

• deerhunter
              • Sep 2014

I prefer to live in the REAL world but thanks anyway!
              Trust me i felt the same way once, but is it the REAL world Neo?

Is it your name on the license you carry? Did you put the patent on it? Try changing it without the State's permission sometime, you'll find out who's name you use.

Just saying one day you may want to ask me something sean. Stay healthy

Comment

• seanbaseball
                • Aug 2014

Trust me i felt the same way once, but is it the REAL world Neo?

Is it your name on the license you carry? Did you put the patent on it? Try changing it without the State's permission sometime, you'll find out who's name you use.

Just saying one day you may want to ask me something sean. Stay healthy
                Maybe so. Who knows. Appreciate your thoughts. Enjoy your boat.

Comment

• beachpetrol
                  • Aug 2013

Can you please identify which picture you mean, maybe i can take a new one that will help see better?
                  Goldin jersey is on the left

Click image for larger version

Name:	ScreenShot477.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	100.2 KB
ID:	698773

Comment

• seanbaseball
                    • Aug 2014

the O is different too

Comment

• beachpetrol
                      • Aug 2013

the O is different too
                      Yep

Comment

• seanbaseball
                        • Aug 2014

the spacing is different too.

Comment

• deerhunter
                          • Sep 2014

Originally posted by beachpetrol
                          Goldin jersey is on the left

[ATTACH]86955[/ATTACH]
                          i think you are correct. Nice eye. You should be an ump.
                          Attached Files

Comment

• deerhunter
                            • Sep 2014

Anything else you see that may be of interest to us please?
                            Attached Files

Comment

• deerhunter
                              • Sep 2014

This tag look right to you?
                              Attached Files

Comment

• deerhunter
                                • Sep 2014

Originally posted by Samets
                                Out of curiosity, does the jersey show any use? Piling on the numbers?

There are too many team issued jerseys floating around with great letters...

I've even owned one myself...

Forgive my ignoring your question Saments.

Thanks for inquiring, i do not see any pilings.

Have you seen a LOA like this before?

If anyone has please comment.

Comment

Working...