Hello & Welcome to our community. Is this your first visit? Register

Laughable activity on the Lesean McCoy .20 cent tip receipt on EBAY

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Football-NFL...item4d2422e8e3

What are the odds on winning bid retraction here
    I say 100%

Banned

Red face Re: Laughable activity on the Lesean McCoy .20 cent tip receipt on EBAY

$100K with over 2 1/2 days to go.

Dave Miedema

Re: Laughable activity on the Lesean McCoy .20 cent tip receipt on EBAY

I totally agree. $5.75 for shipping? Stamps cost 49 cents! What a ripoff......
    Bieksallent! My Player Collections:

http://sami-salo.webs.com

I wouldn't be surprised if the owner himself was driving up the prices. Just a way to squeeze out a tiny bit more from this story.

Quote Originally Posted by Skizzick View Post
    I wouldn't be surprised if the owner himself was driving up the prices. Just a way to squeeze out a tiny bit more from this story.
    I was thinking that too
    user rating of zero, they may just think EBAY is a big game and they can play with the price and get more publicity for themselves with a big number, who cares if its a mirror trick

Quote Originally Posted by KGoldin View Post
    I was thinking that too
    user rating of zero, they may just think EBAY is a big game and they can play with the price and get more publicity for themselves with a big number, who cares if its a mirror trick
    I'm not sure if anyone has noticed but the bids went from $100,000 down $99,900 so somebody pulled out since it was too much or that person was doing some shill bidding in pushed one person all the way up.

Most of the recent bids are from people without much ebay history - one guy at 426, a couple in the 200s, and then 79, 46, and 41. I can imagine them being shills, or just playing around with nothing to lose. I mean, if ebay kicks them off and closes their accounts, they haven't lost much.

But there was a bid of $90,000 from someone with 2,200+, which makes me think he may have been legit. Someone who's been on ebay long enough to have accumulated that much feedback would be a lot less likely to risk being banned from ebay if they won and withdrew. At least, 2200+ looks like a big number to me, to lose by fooling around.

It's all hype right now, and when it wears off, won't be worth much!
    Regards, Tony

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

~I'm sorry, I can't hear you....my World Series Ring is making too much NOISE! - Alex Rodriguez~

Quote Originally Posted by Mark17 View Post
    But there was a bid of $90,000 from someone with 2,200+, which makes me think he may have been legit. Someone who's been on ebay long enough to have accumulated that much feedback would be a lot less likely to risk being banned from ebay if they won and withdrew. At least, 2200+ looks like a big number to me, to lose by fooling around.
    Well, unless the 2200+ individual *is* the seller. I mean, the seller has 0 feedback, right? Maybe they're shilling a joke account or something. Either way, it's horrible, but under the circumstances, I wouldn't consider a $90k bid authentic, even if the person leaving it had 10k+ feedback.

And it. Has been pulled totally
    Link no longer active and a search on eBay brings up nothing
    This restaurant he went to and left a 20 cent top at ...my guess is it was 20 cents more than they deserved.
    They seem to be looking for headlines and publicity only, and not care about service or perceived integrity of eBay .
    If you google shady mccoy tip receipt on eBay, you see all these news outlets with the story....but no one has published yet it was all fake ...