Hello & Welcome to our community. Is this your first visit? Register
Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast

James Spence's "Lifetime Guarantee"

Here is an experience I had with a Casey Stengel signed, game used autographed baseball which was authenticated by James Spence and sold by James Spence to the person who sold it to me. It came with a lifetime guarantee FROM JAMES SPENCE. It was subsequently sent to JSA who rejected it.
    My story is here.

http://stangelbros.com/2014/09/17/ri...ime-guarantee/

Eric
    Always looking for game used San Diego Chargers items...

Re: James Spence's "Lifetime Guarantee"

Ahhh, the good ol' days of 1993. No accountability and lots of shadows.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Anthony Nunez
    Historian, USFL Houston Gamblers
    www.Houston-Gamblers.com

3rd party authentication companys are a scam. I would never trust their certificates. I can't believe that so many serious collectors do.

I guess what was comforting was that Spence was such a high profile guy, and he believed so much in what he sold that he'd back it up FOREVER!

Quote Originally Posted by Eric View Post
    Here is an experience I had with a Casey Stengel signed, game used autographed baseball which was authenticated by James Spence and sold by James Spence to the person who sold it to me. It came with a lifetime guarantee FROM JAMES SPENCE. It was subsequently sent to JSA who rejected it.
    My story is here.

http://stangelbros.com/2014/09/17/ri...ime-guarantee/

Eric
    Did you try contacting Spence to initiate the lifetime guarantee? I'm curious on how he'd deal with settling the dispute, since his own company is saying that it's a fake.

Quote Originally Posted by danesei@yahoo.com View Post
    Did you try contacting Spence to initiate the lifetime guarantee? I'm curious on how he'd deal with settling the dispute, since his own company is saying that it's a fake.
    His own company told me to go to the person I bought it from since they technically had nothing to do with it, even though their owner is the person who made the guarantee.

Have not heard back from Mr. Spence.

JSA also suggested that I try to get the 1993 invoice from the defunct company I bought it from, which seems very unlikely to happen.

Quote Originally Posted by Eric View Post
    His own company told me to go to the person I bought it from since they technically had nothing to do with it, even though their owner is the person who made the guarantee.

Have not heard back from Mr. Spence.

JSA also suggested that I try to get the 1993 invoice from the defunct company I bought it from, which seems very unlikely to happen.
    This is ridiculous! Since James Spence authenticated the ball, he should take the ball back and give you what you paid. No questions asked! Especially considering you have written and signed documentation from him, no matter how long ago it was. End of story!! If not, take this story to the media. So, so sick of this!!
    Regards, Tony

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

~I'm sorry, I can't hear you....my World Series Ring is making too much NOISE! - Alex Rodriguez~

ITS POSSIBLE HE GOES TO AUTHENTICATE HIS OWN LETTER AND SIGNATURE AND SAYS IT DOESNT PASS. LOL

Quote Originally Posted by 3arod13 View Post
    This is ridiculous! Since James Spence authenticated the ball, he should take the ball back and give you what you paid. No questions asked! Especially considering you have written and signed documentation from him, no matter how long ago it was. End of story!! If not, take this story to the media. So, so sick of this!!
    I agree. both people in this case offered "lifetime guarantees" and both people are giving reasons why they won't acknowledge those lifetime guarantees.

Quote Originally Posted by 3arod13 View Post

I agree. I'd make as much noise as possible about the entire story. He hand wrote his personal Lifetime guarantee and now he himself says it's not real!?!

I'd contact a lawyer and then the Press and tell everyone I could on autograph boards and sports boards.He admitted he screwed up but takes no responsibility for it so what is his opinion about autographs worth now?

Bupkis.
    Bieksallent! My Player Collections:

http://sami-salo.webs.com