Hello & Welcome to our community. Is this your first visit? Register
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Re: Louisville Slugger Retiring the P72 Model in Honor of Jeter

Quote Originally Posted by beachpetrol View Post
    Statistics aside, I think what people fail to recognize is Jeter, along with Rivera, spent their entire career with the storied Yankees. Not too many players in the modern era can lay claim to playing for one team, especially the Yankees.
    Playing an entire career with the "storied Yankees" contributed to Jeter's inflated imaginary worth more than Jeter contributed to the Yankees. Playing for the "storied Yankees" does not make him a better player.

I don't think this is about who is better than whoever else....its about Louisville Slugger honoring Jeter who used their bat & the same model number for 20 years w/out ever wavering. That's incredible in todays age w/ all the different bat companies out there. Nice of Louisville to do that I think.
    always looking for Detroit Tiger world series player bats......game used 2006 & 2012 world series items....Quintin Berry bats....also interested in Ivan Rodriguez bats...
    Thank you, Dale
    tigers1984@comcast.net

Quote Originally Posted by tigerdale View Post
    I don't think this is about who is better than whoever else....its about Louisville Slugger honoring Jeter who used their bat & the same model number for 20 years w/out ever wavering. That's incredible in todays age w/ all the different bat companies out there. Nice of Louisville to do that I think.
    Good post and good point.
    I guess I am just burnt out on the Jeter is a baseball god junk.
    I shall refrain myself and let those who worship his imaginary baseball greatness continue to worship him in peace.

Re: Louisville slugger to change P72 to DJ2

Did Jeter pass away and I just didn't hear about it yet? The dedications? The patches? The yearlong memorial ceremony? Oh dear.

RIP Derek Jeter

Well, thank goodness you aren't getting all worked up over it.

Quote Originally Posted by gorilla777 View Post
    Well, thank goodness you aren't getting all worked up over it.
    Allow me to pre-post the next post from the next poster like yourself.......

Here goes........

LOL

Banned

Angry Re: Louisville Slugger Retiring the P72 Model in Honor of Jeter

All other factors being the same, I wonder if Jeter would have received this tribute if he played for anyone other than the Yankees, Mets or Red Sox?

Dave Miedema

Enough of the Jeter bashing. It's played out. Maybe as much as worshipping him is played out. I'm a Red Sox fan, 100%, but I love Jeter. Not for his offensive stats (very good player with a real flare for the dramatic & clutch as hell) or his defensive stats (I really didn't like that he was a shoe in for Gold Glove every year, regardless of being a subpar SS), ALL of this has been said before, but I love Jeter for what he means to baseball and kids, and even adults. Playing 20 years for 1 team is a special thing, and so rare. Living that entire time in NYC under the scrutiny of paparazzi & beat writers and NEVER getting caught doing anything dumb, or frankly even remotely wrong is incredible. He never said the wrong thing in an interview, never through someone under the bus, always takes responsibility for his own mistakes, and sometimes others. Any human being can learn a lot from a guy like that. This Sox fan will miss seeing #2 at SS.

Re: Louisville slugger to change P72 to DJ2

All teams will be required to retire the No. 2 next season.
    metsbats86@aol.com

Always looking for 1973,1986,1988,1999,2000,2006 game used Mets post season and Bobby M. Jones and Ed Hearn NY Mets game used bats.

Quote Originally Posted by sox83cubs84 View Post
    All other factors being the same, I wonder if Jeter would have received this tribute if he played for anyone other than the Yankees, Mets or Red Sox?

Dave Miedema
    Ask Craig Biggio!