Hello & Welcome to our community. Is this your first visit? Register
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Banned

Re: Louisville Slugger Retiring the P72 Model in Honor of Jeter

Just laugh at anyone who thinks jeter is overrated, they don't know or understand baseball. Poor people.
    Here's the game winning bat.

Quote Originally Posted by Nnunnari View Post
    Just laugh at anyone who thinks jeter is overrated, they don't know or understand baseball. Poor people.
    Here's the game winning bat.
    Laugh away then.
    Jeter is overrated and always has been.

I know I said I would let the disillusioned worship their overrated god.
    Pot shots are hard to not respond to though.
    I will let them now. I bow out. Go ahead, make innuendos about me or anyone who doesn't agree. Make fun. Act snooty. The floor is yours.

Worship away you smarter than everyone else Jeterites. Just know there are some who will never convert to your religion.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Roady View Post
    I know I said I would let the disillusioned worship their overrated god.
    Pot shots are hard to not respond to though.
    I will let them now. I bow out. Go ahead, make innuendos about me or anyone who doesn't agree. Make fun. Act snooty. The floor is yours.

Worship away you smarter than everyone else Jeterites. Just know there are some who will never convert to your religion.
    The religion we speak of is baseball, and to quote Kramer, you are an anti-baseballite. I hate the Yankees as much as the next guy, but Jeter deserves all the recognition he is getting.

Quote Originally Posted by dangerzone79 View Post
    Enough of the Jeter bashing.
    I don't see much of what everyone is saying as "Jeter bashing." I think many of us have valid points, and those points are just our opinions. Nobody is saying Jeter isn't a good player; carried himself well; mature; professional, good role model, etc. But I do agree with most. If Jeter started and ended his career in Cleveland, Kansas City, etc., do you honestly believe based on his skills and abilities alone, he would be what he is today? I honestly don't think so.
    Regards, Tony

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

~I'm sorry, I can't hear you....my World Series Ring is making too much NOISE! - Alex Rodriguez~

My personal opinion it is a fitting honor due to the fact that he only used one bat his entirer career for a Louisville Slugger stand point. The amount of people that have jumped ship to Chandler, Sam Bat, Murruci and some of these other labels has caused Louisville Slugger to lose several big name players in recent years.

The people who say if Jeter had played for Kansas City, Cleveland, Houston, etc have a point. Its obvious that the fact that he played for the Yankees gave him publicity that other players don't get. He was in more playoffs, world series and big games than most other players. The other side of the coin is he came through in big games. He played well under pressure, unlike some big name and possibly more skilled players. He hit well in the clutch. I don't pretend to be an expert in grading fielders, but you don't go to the playoffs year after year and win world series with an inferior shortstop. There are the intangibles that he played the game the right way, and made the players around him better. You don't hear other players bad mouthing him because they respect the way he played. There always seem to be some people who live to find fault with everything and aren't happy unless they are tearing someone down but the players and most true baseball fans respect the way he played.

I think people are taking this to personal. I don't think anyone finds fault with Jeter as a player. But you honestly can't say that Jeter would be the Jeter he is today, if he played his entire career in markets like Cleveland, Kansas City, etc. Jeter wouldn’t have won all those world series on those teams. Yankees have always put good players on those teams, giving those teams a better chance to win those world series. Team sport, not an individual sport, and the Yankees put good teams together. Remember, Jeter was voted the most overrated player by MLB players. And I think the reason is because he was being given so much credit for the Yankees success, which wasn’t the case.
    Regards, Tony

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

~I'm sorry, I can't hear you....my World Series Ring is making too much NOISE! - Alex Rodriguez~

Tony, I thought I did say that Jeter got the publicity he did because he played in New York and was in a number of big games. Sure other players in Kansas City, etc. didn't get that chance, but when Jeter did he made the most of it. And when you look at his contributions its obvious the Yankees would not have been in some of those games without Jeter's contribution to the team.Of course baseball is a team sport. If the Yankees didn't have the other great players on teams they had in the 20's, 30's, 40's, 50's, 60's they wouldn't have gone to the World Series if all they had in those years was a Babe Ruth, Joe DiMaggio, or a Mickey Mantle and the rest were a bunch of nobodies. Does that diminish them as players? I don't see the point. When someone like Tom Seaver, who was never a Yankee and has no ties to Jeter and New York, says Jeter should be elected to the HOF unanimously I think that proves the point. As someone who has seen people take great joy in ripping ARod and seem to absolutely hate him I would have thought you would be among the last to down grade a player. I don't think anyone is saying Jeter is the greatest player in the history of baseball. I do think people are saying that Jeter is a solid Hall of Fame player who played the game the right way and contributed greatly to his team's success.