Hello & Welcome to our community. Is this your first visit? Register
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Re: Louisville Slugger Retiring the P72 Model in Honor of Jeter

Quote Originally Posted by cjclong View Post
    When someone like Tom Seaver, who was never a Yankee and has no ties to Jeter and New York, says Jeter should be elected to the HOF unanimously I think that proves the point.
    No offense, but Tom Seaver played 12 years on the Mets, pretty strong NY ties if you ask me. I respect Jeter like most, but I agree with many that he is generally over-loved. He was a very good player and a Hall of Famer without a doubt, but he isn't in the top 50 players of all-time and he's been treated like a top 10 player of all-time since the early 2000s. If you ask me he'd be lucky to be a top 10 Yankee of all time.

Quote Originally Posted by ironmanfan View Post
    I suppose they didn't consider doing this when Ripken retired since he had tinkered with other models & brands over his career:

http://m.yankees.mlb.com/news/articl...of-derek-jeter
    Thanks for the post. Louisville Slugger values loyalty like many companys and it is a great tribute to Jeter. How many players have swung the same brand of bat and same model for over 20 years? Maybe there are some ballplayer who did the same prior to the outbreak of other bat companies. That would be some interesting research at photo sites I might attempt if I have time.

Can anyone here produce a photo of Jeter swinging another model bat?
    Regards,
    Joel S.
    joelsabi @ gmail.com
    Wanted: Alex Rodriguez Game Used Items and other unique artifacts, 1992 thru 1998 only. From High School to Early Mariners.

Quote Originally Posted by cjclong View Post
    Tony, I thought I did say that Jeter got the publicity he did because he played in New York and was in a number of big games. Sure other players in Kansas City, etc. didn't get that chance, but when Jeter did he made the most of it. And when you look at his contributions its obvious the Yankees would not have been in some of those games without Jeter's contribution to the team.Of course baseball is a team sport. If the Yankees didn't have the other great players on teams they had in the 20's, 30's, 40's, 50's, 60's they wouldn't have gone to the World Series if all they had in those years was a Babe Ruth, Joe DiMaggio, or a Mickey Mantle and the rest were a bunch of nobodies. Does that diminish them as players? I don't see the point. When someone like Tom Seaver, who was never a Yankee and has no ties to Jeter and New York, says Jeter should be elected to the HOF unanimously I think that proves the point. As someone who has seen people take great joy in ripping ARod and seem to absolutely hate him I would have thought you would be among the last to down grade a player. I don't think anyone is saying Jeter is the greatest player in the history of baseball. I do think people are saying that Jeter is a solid Hall of Fame player who played the game the right way and contributed greatly to his team's success.
    Again, you're missing my point. I'm not downgrading Jeter as a player. He has played great and done great things with the Yankees. I think Jeter is a good player and based on his performance and record with the Yankees, he is a HOFer. But if Jeter started and finished his career in markets like Kansas City, Cleveland, etc., I don't think he would have received the attention that he has in New york; or won 5 world series, which has made
    so many love the guy. Jeter had carried himself well, with maturity and professionalism, and I have a lot of respect for him for that.

And as far as Arod goes, he deserves every bit of negativity he has received. Everything from his positive PED use in 2003; then turns around and continues to do it again; to his off the field crap, it's very frustrating for his fans, like me. I have no problem agreeing with most about Arod.

But I still can't wait for him to return next year!!
    Regards, Tony

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

~I'm sorry, I can't hear you....my World Series Ring is making too much NOISE! - Alex Rodriguez~

Most of this is individual opinion and not fact, so it really doesn't change the fact that Derek Jeter is a HOFer.
    Regards, Tony

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

~I'm sorry, I can't hear you....my World Series Ring is making too much NOISE! - Alex Rodriguez~

Can anyone here produce a photo of Jeter swinging another model bat?[/quote]

Not a photo but the next best thing?:
    http://www.goldinauctions.com/1996_D...-LOT11409.aspx