Hello & Welcome to our community. Is this your first visit? Register

Opinions on inscribed game used items

Not sure how else to phrase but say you are looking to buy a game used bat and the bat is not only signed but inscribed "hr #***".

Without an exact photo/video match, how much stock do you put into that bat actually having been used to hit that exact hr?
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    "Let me start by telling you this: I have never used steroids, period."

Re: Opinions on inscribed game used items

Not much. A photomatch is priceless.

Quote Originally Posted by onlyalbert View Post
    Not much. A photomatch is priceless.
    I absolutely agree. I suppose I'm looking for a way to talk myself into buying one that claims to be a specific hr but I cannot find one shred of solid evidence.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

I've got a few bats like this, but none have been very expensive (nothing over $350ish)... A couple of the bats are from lesser players, the type that there would really not be much of a monetary incentive to fake the HR designation. So combining that logic and the overall use on the bats, I assume those are real. There is one that came from the player's rep, shows less use and I've been somewhat iffy on it. It is a nice looking bat though, so I take the extra inscription as a bonus.

If any of these were high dollar items, I definitely would not be as trusting of the player notations. To me, the photomatch is king—MLB auth, COA, LOA, they all come second.

Quote Originally Posted by emann View Post
    I've got a few bats like this, but none have been very expensive (nothing over $350ish)... A couple of the bats are from lesser players, the type that there would really not be much of a monetary incentive to fake the HR designation. So combining that logic and the overall use on the bats, I assume those are real. There is one that came from the player's rep, shows less use and I've been somewhat iffy on it. It is a nice looking bat though, so I take the extra inscription as a bonus.

If any of these were high dollar items, I definitely would not be as trusting of the player notations. To me, the photomatch is king—MLB auth, COA, LOA, they all come second.
    Thanks emann.

Btw, I saw a private message from you. Not sure if we ever wound up speaking. I've been away from the hobby for a while.

Email me if you'd like.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Not always easy to find a photo match. 100% provenance helps.
    Regards, Tony

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

~I'm sorry, I can't hear you....my World Series Ring is making too much NOISE! - Alex Rodriguez~