Hello & Welcome to our community. Is this your first visit? Register
Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

1989 Canseco Game Bat on Ebay

Here is another Canseco 1989 World Series gamer that looks strikingly simialar to the one I have the is the one used to hit the 3 run Homerun in game 3 of that Series. I know this is not a photo match but it does have the same marks as mine and looks to be signed in the exact same marker that has faded over the years. I have talked with Juan Iglesias and he confirmed he does remember this bat but we could not come up with a photo match. If anyone has any info please help me out if you can.

Todd Ricks

Re: 1989 Canseco Game Bat on Ebay

I saw this bat first thing this morning. What's needed here is a crystal clear photo of Jose's 89 WS home run. I'm surprised one hasn't been found yet considering the importance of that game. Does your bat also have that black mark on the barrel?

The bat surelooks like a gamer. The only thing I don't understand is why it doesn't have the "1989 merican League West Cahampions" prnted on it it. I can't find a clear pic of him hitting the home run but I did make these screencaps. The first pic could have been edited in from another at bat but the second one is right before he swung and hit the 3 run HR. What say you all?

Yes, mine has the exact same marks on it and looks exactly the same except mine has the additional inscription 3 run homerun 3rd game. Mine is also 35" long but is 34oz instead of 33oz like the one on ebay. Also mine 33 on the knob is the more common rounded threes instead of the sharp cornered 33 on the ebay one. But in saying that I talked to Juan Iglesias and he said Jose rarely marked his own bats. I didn't notice on the one from ebay, but mine has a cupped barrel. I think this just proves my point that he didn't exclusively use the Coopers that were marked 1989 American League Champions in the World series. While this doesn't prove mine as good as a photo match, I think it certainly does help.

Thanks, Todd

I can't see the man in the blue on the wide view. Maybe the close up is edited in. I noticed the lack of a rounded 33 also - even if Canseco rarely marked his own bats, I don't remember seeing a Canseco gamer without rounded numbers. Jason, you getting those shots from a DVD?

The one on ebay is a model C243 too and it is cupped. I've also seen a lot of supposed Cooper gamers that didn't have the 33 written on the handle at all.

Yeah, I'm capping the 1989 World series highlight dvd that came out a while back.

Is that the same DVD with the 72-74 WS on it as well? I just ordered that one. I have the 89 Series highlights on tape, and the quality isn't the best for something like this. How far can you zoom on the wide view to see if the American League Champions is on the bat?

If you guys could help me I will post some photos of my bat on the forum. I am having trouble posting them because of there size. If anyone could help me downsize them or tell me what to do I would really appreciate it.

Thanks, Todd

I have pics of your bat from your ebay auction. I'll post them if you'd like.

I would really appreciate that. If you could make sure you get the pics of the PSA/DNA sheets on there as well. Do you notice the black marks on both bats. The bats are from the same time frame for sure. I really appreciate your help.

Thanks, Todd Ricks