Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • jojac
    • Jan 2014

Re: Authenticity Opinions on this Jeter ball

I'm not an expert on Jeter but that signature looks good to me. The thing that gets me is the part Steiners plays in Jeter items. If anyone met Jeter on the street and was able to obtain his signature they would have a tough time selling that item in the future because it would be considered questionable because it didn't have the Steiner sticker. I know you need to be careful in purchasing an item without proper authentication but Steiners brought it to a new level with Jeter. I guess in a way you should take your hats off to them for what they've accomplished with Jeter but as fans and collectors its caused some frustration. They have you in some sense to a point where if you want to feel comfortable with obtaining his signature then just send it in with a check for $600 and they'll do the rest otherwise you'll find yourself here asking if its OK.

Comment

• sportsnbikes
      • Sep 2012

Originally posted by Griffey24fan
      99% of the time regardless of what the autograph looks like there are characteristics that are present in authentic examples. I am sure if you posted some examples of those 50 with fakes people could tell you real/fake and do quite well.
      I don't agree.

Case in point is this Jeter. Half say it's good half say it's not. Plus if that were the case, then one would think that the 3PA's would be able to do a better job at authenticating signatures that are real. I have NEVER had a signature pass authentication even though they were all obtained by me in person. That is why I don't trust them and no longer use them.

The bottom line is that no one ever truly knows unless they see it in person...barring a blatant bad forgery.

Comment

• BaseballNutz
        Banned
        • Dec 2014

I'm a bit late to the game but that Jeter is absolutely positively 100% real and there is no question in my mind. It possesses all of the "trademark" Jeter characteristics of his signature.

Dave

Comment

• Griffey24fan
          • Jul 2010

What are you submitting that is not passing. It is well known within the hobby that big names get rejected often unless you submit through a large sub or they feel like being generous. I have had IP stuff fail I have seen fake stuff pass.

They won't be perfect and nobody can be unless you only keep what you get IP.

To anyone believing this to be real, I would be interested in your examples either IP Steiner etc. that compare well with this.

Personally it looks like the numerous fakes that bombarded eBay during his retirement season.

Comment

• johnsontravis@ymail.com
            • Dec 2013

I wouldn't be very comfortable buying that baseball. It could be real or it could easily be fake. To anyone saying it is surely fake I want you to go to the link below and tell me if you saw that ball without any authentication if you would call it legit? Derek Jeter is extremely inconsistent because of his scribble filled signature.

Comment

• Skizzick
              • Mar 2011

A lot of you have confidence in a ball featuring one of the most forged signatures in the hobby that you didn't see Jeter sign in person. You say it's 100% real? Wow, you guys must have ESP or something.

Comment

• 3arod13
                • Apr 2006

Originally posted by Skizzick
                A lot of you have confidence in a ball featuring one of the most forged signatures in the hobby that you didn't see Jeter sign in person. You say it's 100% real? Wow, you guys must have ESP or something.
                Opinion was asked, and my response was "signature is solid," and that was just my opinion. I can say that the signature is a really nice Jeter signature, and I don't see any flaws in it whatsoever! So if it is fake, the person who signed it is really good!
                Regards, Tony

sigpic

~I'm sorry, I can't hear you....my World Series Ring is making too much NOISE! - Alex Rodriguez~

Comment

• Skizzick
                  • Mar 2011

Originally posted by 3arod13
                  Opinion was asked, and my response was "signature is solid," and that was just my opinion. I can say that the signature is a really nice Jeter signature, and I don't see any flaws in it whatsoever! So if it is fake, the person who signed it is really good!
                  I wasn't pointing out your opinion specifically, but saying somethings is "definitely real" or "100%" on any item is an exaggeration, especally when not seeing it in person. Even PSA/DNA, JSA, etc. only say something is "likely authentic" without witnessing the signing of the item themselves.

Comment

• 3arod13
                    • Apr 2006

Originally posted by Skizzick
                    I wasn't pointing out your opinion specifically, but saying somethings is "definitely real" or "100%" on any item is an exaggeration, especally when not seeing it in person. Even PSA/DNA, JSA, etc. only say something is "likely authentic" without witnessing the signing of the item themselves.
                    Sorry for coming across that way. I probably should have just made the comment, without highlighting your comment.

I agree with you. However, didn't see him sign it, but I can say that is his signature. 100% guaranteed in my mind (lol)
                    Regards, Tony

sigpic

~I'm sorry, I can't hear you....my World Series Ring is making too much NOISE! - Alex Rodriguez~

Comment

• Griffey24fan
                      • Jul 2010

Originally posted by johnsontravis@ymail.com
                      I wouldn't be very comfortable buying that baseball. It could be real or it could easily be fake. To anyone saying it is surely fake I want you to go to the link below and tell me if you saw that ball without any authentication if you would call it legit? Derek Jeter is extremely inconsistent because of his scribble filled signature.

http://m.ebay.com/itm/181639881163

He is really not as inconsistent as most think, he tends to have the same known characteristics for most autographs. That eBay auction Steiner or not is consistent with his signature and fine.

Comment

• yankees506
                        • Apr 2010

Originally posted by Griffey24fan
                        He is really not as inconsistent as most think, he tends to have the same known characteristics for most autographs. That eBay auction Steiner or not is consistent with his signature and fine.
                        I respectfully disagree. Auto is a solid fake

Comment

• yankees506
                          • Apr 2010

Sorry meant op ball is a solid forgery

Comment

• spartanservitto
                            • May 2010

The ball is 100 percent real. I have got him so many times - it's pretty easy to spot a fake.
                            sigpic
                            Always looking for ALEX AVILA, ALBERT PUJOLS, HOME RUN BATS, and any high end gamers from 90's-00's stars.

Tony Servitto
                            My Email: servitto84@yahoo.com
                            My Website: http://vitosbatsandmemorabilia.webs.com/

Comment

• spartanservitto
                              • May 2010

Here is one I got at a restaurant near the old ritz in Dearborn when I was 17-18.
                              Attached Files
                              sigpic
                              Always looking for ALEX AVILA, ALBERT PUJOLS, HOME RUN BATS, and any high end gamers from 90's-00's stars.

Tony Servitto

Comment

• spartanservitto
                                • May 2010

Here is one I got at the team bus.
                                Attached Files
                                sigpic

Tony Servitto

Comment

Working...