Hello & Welcome to our community. Is this your first visit? Register
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Re: Authenticity Opinions on this Jeter ball

A lot of you have confidence in a ball featuring one of the most forged signatures in the hobby that you didn't see Jeter sign in person. You say it's 100% real? Wow, you guys must have ESP or something.

Quote Originally Posted by Skizzick View Post
    A lot of you have confidence in a ball featuring one of the most forged signatures in the hobby that you didn't see Jeter sign in person. You say it's 100% real? Wow, you guys must have ESP or something.
    Opinion was asked, and my response was "signature is solid," and that was just my opinion. I can say that the signature is a really nice Jeter signature, and I don't see any flaws in it whatsoever! So if it is fake, the person who signed it is really good!
    Regards, Tony

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

~I'm sorry, I can't hear you....my World Series Ring is making too much NOISE! - Alex Rodriguez~

Quote Originally Posted by 3arod13 View Post
    Opinion was asked, and my response was "signature is solid," and that was just my opinion. I can say that the signature is a really nice Jeter signature, and I don't see any flaws in it whatsoever! So if it is fake, the person who signed it is really good!
    I wasn't pointing out your opinion specifically, but saying somethings is "definitely real" or "100%" on any item is an exaggeration, especally when not seeing it in person. Even PSA/DNA, JSA, etc. only say something is "likely authentic" without witnessing the signing of the item themselves.

Quote Originally Posted by Skizzick View Post
    I wasn't pointing out your opinion specifically, but saying somethings is "definitely real" or "100%" on any item is an exaggeration, especally when not seeing it in person. Even PSA/DNA, JSA, etc. only say something is "likely authentic" without witnessing the signing of the item themselves.
    Sorry for coming across that way. I probably should have just made the comment, without highlighting your comment.

I agree with you. However, didn't see him sign it, but I can say that is his signature. 100% guaranteed in my mind (lol)
    Regards, Tony

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

~I'm sorry, I can't hear you....my World Series Ring is making too much NOISE! - Alex Rodriguez~

Quote Originally Posted by johnsontravis@ymail.com View Post
    I wouldn't be very comfortable buying that baseball. It could be real or it could easily be fake. To anyone saying it is surely fake I want you to go to the link below and tell me if you saw that ball without any authentication if you would call it legit? Derek Jeter is extremely inconsistent because of his scribble filled signature.

http://m.ebay.com/itm/181639881163

He is really not as inconsistent as most think, he tends to have the same known characteristics for most autographs. That eBay auction Steiner or not is consistent with his signature and fine.

Quote Originally Posted by Griffey24fan View Post
    He is really not as inconsistent as most think, he tends to have the same known characteristics for most autographs. That eBay auction Steiner or not is consistent with his signature and fine.
    I respectfully disagree. Auto is a solid fake

Sorry meant op ball is a solid forgery

The ball is 100 percent real. I have got him so many times - it's pretty easy to spot a fake.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Always looking for ALEX AVILA, ALBERT PUJOLS, HOME RUN BATS, and any high end gamers from 90's-00's stars.

Tony Servitto
    My Email: servitto84@yahoo.com
    My Website: http://vitosbatsandmemorabilia.webs.com/

Here is one I got at a restaurant near the old ritz in Dearborn when I was 17-18.
    Attached Images Attached Images  
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Always looking for ALEX AVILA, ALBERT PUJOLS, HOME RUN BATS, and any high end gamers from 90's-00's stars.

Tony Servitto

Here is one I got at the team bus.
    Attached Images Attached Images  
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Tony Servitto