Hello & Welcome to our community. Is this your first visit? Register
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Re: Favorite player that never won a major award?

Quote Originally Posted by Roady View Post
    Agree 100%. Pierre was old school and a major factor in the Marlins WS win.
    Always a big fan of Pierre. I loved it when he came to the Sox. Sox fans can be brutal I thought his first season was a success but he was not embraced. Almost 200 hits and 68 SB's made for a pretty decent year. He was snubbed in 2003, 2004. He hit over .300 with 200 hits and scored 100 runs. Also stole 68 and 45 bases those 2 seasons. He was just trumped by all the power hitters at the time.

Quote Originally Posted by helf35 View Post
    Always a big fan of Pierre. I loved it when he came to the Sox. Sox fans can be brutal I thought his first season was a success but he was not embraced. Almost 200 hits and 68 SB's made for a pretty decent year. He was snubbed in 2003, 2004. He hit over .300 with 200 hits and scored 100 runs. Also stole 68 and 45 bases those 2 seasons. He was just trumped by all the power hitters at the time.
    Some fans don't know enough or appreciate baseball enough to know talent when they see it.

Quote Originally Posted by Roady View Post
    Some fans don't know enough or appreciate baseball enough to know talent when they see it.
    I have been a die hard Sox fan since I can remember, I have been to every soxfest since 97 and every year I hear people just hammering on certain guys and I can never understand why. When we got Pierre I remember people talking about how bad he is and why would you want to get that bumbs autograph. I get the Dunn hatred but im not sure what everyone expected. An aging Power hitter usually does not get better. He recovered in 12' but I imagine all the damage was already done after the terrible 11' season which for my 2 cents I blame ozzie and Dunn's surgery from the first week of the season. I think he came back to early.

Apparently many fans think HR hitters get 100 RBI's all on their own without anyone being on base.
    Juan Pierre was a table setter who made things happen on the bases. He was as good of a player as I have ever seen.