Hello & Welcome to our community. Is this your first visit? Register
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Re: Patrick Willis...No Game Use to Lots of Game Use!

Attached Images Attached Images  

Quote Originally Posted by CollectGU View Post
    Crickets from Loomis.............
    Crickets? No its called having a family, a career and a life outside of collecting memorabilia. Further I already admitted I was wrong.... publicly.... that the two jerseys were different. However I stand by my remark that Patrick Willis jerseys don't just pop up with zero provenance.. especially more than one from the same seller. It seems that people share my thoughts exactly since the first jersey brought a lowly $200 or so. If I'm wrong then so be it.... by my suspicions.... shared with most on this board.... is the jersey with the hit marks and transfer marks" was never ever worn by Patrick Willis. If you disagree then get your money on the table and buy it.

Quote Originally Posted by DoctorLoomis View Post
    Crickets? No its called having a family, a career and a life outside of collecting memorabilia. Further I already admitted I was wrong.... publicly.... that the two jerseys were different. However I stand by my remark that Patrick Willis jerseys don't just pop up with zero provenance.. especially more than one from the same seller. It seems that people share my thoughts exactly since the first jersey brought a lowly $200 or so. If I'm wrong then so be it.... by my suspicions.... shared with most on this board.... is the jersey with the hit marks and transfer marks" was never ever worn by Patrick Willis. If you disagree then get your money on the table and buy it.
    I don't think you owe the seller any apology whatsoever. Your concerns are legit. I feel, there is actually a very very small chance that it could be the same jersey. Does anyone know if removing and replacing a screened on number on a jersey, is a possible thing to do?

Also, if this seller is credible and has provenance, whether it be player or locker room or whatever, why is he saying all sales are final and demanding payment as soon as the auction ends? His wording in the auction descriptions not mentioning game issued or game worn/used, is very suspicious as well.

Quote Originally Posted by beachpetrol View Post
    I don't think you owe the seller any apology whatsoever. Your concerns are legit. I feel, there is actually a very very small chance that it could be the same jersey. Does anyone know if removing and replacing a screened on number on a jersey, is a possible thing to do?

Also, if this seller is credible and has provenance, whether it be player or locker room or whatever, why is he saying all sales are final and demanding payment as soon as the auction ends? His wording in the auction descriptions not mentioning game issued or game worn/used, is very suspicious as well.
    Thank you my friend. The description of the second jersey states that it shows use. Does that not IMPLY use from Patrick Willis? If not was the use from a backyard touch football game with the in laws? Who used it? I Smell a rat and I know that ANY knowledgeable collector on these boards does too.

Quote Originally Posted by G1X View Post
    Well said, Paul. Like you, numerous jerseys in my collection have little or no provenance, especially the older jerseys. Does this make our jerseys questionable or no good? Of course not.

I realize that some collectors depend on COAs, professional authentication, provenance, or other proof that the item is what it supposed to be, but keep in mind that there are numerous collectors who collect specific teams, players, etc. (such as Paul with the 49ers) who have the knowledge and expertise to determine for themselves.

Please, before posting in this Forum about "fake" and questionable items, be absolutely sure, beyond any doubt, that you are 100% correct. Otherwise, you are doing a disservice to not only the person trying to sell the item, but also to the hobby in general.

Mark Hayne
    Gridiron Exchange

Mark I understand you perfectly. However, we're not talking about an older jersey here. Here's the bottom line.....MULTIPLE Patrick Willis jerseys DO NOT walk out of the stadium.... worth 4 thousand dollars each.... and end up on eBay..... both from the same seller.... with a price of 200 bucks. Nothing else I can say.

Quote Originally Posted by DoctorLoomis View Post
    Thank you my friend. The description of the second jersey states that it shows use. Does that not IMPLY use from Patrick Willis? If not was the use from a backyard touch football game with the in laws? Who used it? I Smell a rat and I know that ANY knowledgeable collector on these boards does too.
    Do you, or anyone else for that matter, know if removing and replacing a screened on number is a possible thing to do? Reason I ask, check out the front 5 on both jerseys. To me, the second one looks a little more elongated.

Quote Originally Posted by Roady View Post
    Great info. Thanks. I think we're getting closer to figuring this out now.

Great info. Thanks. I think we're getting closer to figuring this out now.

Quote Originally Posted by Roady View Post
    I don't think Professor Plum is trying to sell the jersey.