Hello & Welcome to our community. Is this your first visit? Register
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Re: New User - Steiner Complication

This ball was not a send in item. This ball was sourced by Steiner.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by stonedylan View Post
    This ball was not a send in item. This ball was sourced by Steiner.
    stonedylan,

How do you know that? What bit of evidence are you drawing that conclusion from?

Maybe the prudent thing to do here would be for Ken Goldin to go back to the consignor that placed this ball in Ken's companies auction and ask him what he knows about the ball?

Something about this lack of hologram just stinks. It's not my ball or my problem, but I'm very uncomfortable about the whole thing for jlabadie88's sake. I think he got something far less than he bargained for. And obviously he feels the same, hence this thread.

Did someone at Steiner contact you regarding having a hologram placed on the ball?

Quote Originally Posted by ShaimOnYou View Post
    stonedylan,

How do you know that? What bit of evidence are you drawing that conclusion from?

Maybe the prudent thing to do here would be for Ken Goldin to go back to the consignor that placed this ball in Ken's companies auction and ask him what he knows about the ball?

Something about this lack of hologram just stinks. It's not my ball or my problem, but I'm very uncomfortable about the whole thing for jlabadie88's sake. I think he got something far less than he bargained for. And obviously he feels the same, hence this thread.
    I don't think it's as big of a deal you make it out to be. The baseball is real and the autograph is real. So what if the stupid hologram ain't on the ball. People have to learn to buy the AUTO not the HOLOGRAM.

And also with the person who said someone probably for Jeter to sign it in person and then just stuck the card with it is probably what happened.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by yanks12025 View Post
    I don't think it's as big of a deal you make it out to be. The baseball is real and the autograph is real. So what if the stupid hologram ain't on the ball. People have to learn to buy the AUTO not the HOLOGRAM.

And also with the person who said someone probably for Jeter to sign it in person and then just stuck the card with it is probably what happened.
    I agree that the ball is real and the signature most likely is to.

All I'm saying is, who wants a collection full of "probably's"?

So you too agree there's a strong possibility that the dude that consigned this ball just simply "threw in" a Steiner Derek Jeter signature COA card with the ball, probably to maximize the take? No biggie if their both real, right?

Let's just move right past the misrepresentation aspect of it, and step right into the tarnishing of Steiner's reputation because of the selfish act. If that is what happened, Steiner is now answering to someone who ended up with a ball supposedly signed under Steiner supervision as to why there was a break-down in Steiner's company policy to affix a hologram to every send-in item, when in fact Steiner may have never handled this ball or Derek's signature placed on it at all.

I don't know if that's also not as big of a deal to you as I'm making it out to be, but if nothing else, it's unfair to Steiner.

I will add this: If Steiner doesn't affix hologram's to every send-in item when they are offering athlete signatures, then they are dealing with a mess here they caused. And therefore, one could argue, they deserve. And coming up with a generic "Autograph verification card" is just plain stupid unless it has a number matching one on a hologram affixed to the item.

Bottom line is pretty simple. As collectors, don't accept these forms of authentication. Demand better. As yanks12025 stated, this may not be as big a deal to any of us as the ball and signature are likely real. But as collectors, we are all temporary gatekeepers of the collectibles we own. One day, either we or our family will sell these little pieces, so it behooves us to have the best authentication we can to accompany them, right?

Chris

Quote Originally Posted by ShaimOnYou View Post
    But as collectors, we are all temporary gatekeepers of the collectibles we own. One day, either we or our family will sell these little pieces, so it behooves us to have the best authentication we can to accompany them, right?
    That sums it all up in a nutshell. Plus, consider this.... Jeter has a beautiful, unique signature. But what about the new generation of players who sign illegible scribble as their autograph? If you pay ANY amount of money for that kind of signature, you'd better have decent proof that it's the real thing when it comes time to move it.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Anthony Nunez
    Historian, USFL Houston Gamblers
    www.Houston-Gamblers.com

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by commando View Post
    That sums it all up in a nutshell. Plus, consider this.... Jeter has a beautiful, unique signature. But what about the new generation of players who sign illegible scribble as their autograph? If you pay ANY amount of money for that kind of signature, you'd better have decent proof that it's the real thing when it comes time to move it.
    +1

Banned

jlababie88,

I for one would be very interested to hear what's going on with your Derek Jeter signed world series ball and Steiner's offer to reach out and help. If willing, would you share a quick update on what they're doing for you?

Thanks,

Chris

This doesn't deal with the baseball but just steiner. But steiner screwed me over. Last weekend I ordered a yankee stadium wall listed on their site for a discount price because of the holidays sale. When I bought it was listed as in stock and after I finished my purchase it changed to out of stock because they probably had only one. So acouple days later I get tracking for another item I bought but not the wall. So I asked about my wall order. And they now say it was out of order when I bought it. They said they sent a email informing me it was actually out of order when I purchased it but I never received anything from them till I asked.

Maybe they should fix their site, it's not right I buy something that's says in stock and it changes after my purchase then tell me They don't actually have the item. They did offer another wall section but it was 9 feet long compared to the one I wanted was only 4 feet.