Hello & Welcome to our community. Is this your first visit? Register
Page 10 of 14 FirstFirst ... 89101112 ... LastLast

Re: Don Mattingly's disgrace

Quote Originally Posted by ShaimOnYou View Post
    OK, so Clayton Kershaw dominates this season, wins his third Cy Young in 4 years, then takes home the NL MVP hardware, the first pitcher to do so since Bob Gibson in '68. A mere 46 years in the making for that feat to be accomplished.

But he can't win a lowly play-off game against the Cardinals after leading both games into the seventh? REALLY?

He went 21-3 this year. And the Dodgers get a clump of coal in a burlap sack for Christmas when he appears in the "money games"?

Hmmmmmmmmmmmmmm..............................

WAKE UP DODGER BRASS........FIGURE IT OUT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    Just proof that, like Verlander and his MVP season, Kershaw racked up wins against inferior competition during the season and failed against tougher competition in the playoffs.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Roady View Post
    Just proof that, like Verlander and his MVP season, Kershaw racked up wins against inferior competition during the season and failed against tougher competition in the playoffs.
    Roady,

ROFLMAO!!!!! That's a great one, thanks for the laughs!!

But in case you were being serious, please check out Kershaw's game logs this 2014 season:

http://www.baseball-reference.com/pl...&t=p&year=2014

He had 27 starts for the Dodgers in 2014. A quick glance through them will show you the following:

His 21 wins came against the following teams, the number showing how many times he beat them, and his winning % facing them in 2014 in games he got a decision:

(PLEASE NOTE: The 3 Asterisks denote play-off teams; 5 Asterisks, eventual World Series teams; 10 Asterisks, the NL team with the best record in MLB in 2014

Arizona.........................3 75%
    Atlanta.........................1 100%
    Chicago Cubs.................1 100%
    Chicago White Sox..........1 100%
    Colorado.......................3 100%
    Kansas City...................1 100%*****
    Milwaukee.....................1 50%
    Philadelphia...................1 100%
    San Diego.....................3 100%
    San Francisco................3 100%*****
    St. Louis.......................1 100%***
    Washington...................2 100%**********

He had three "No Decisions", one each against:

L.A. Angels
    San Francisco Giants
    St. Louis Cardinals

Of those three, the Dodgers ending up winning the games against the Angels and Cardinals, lost the one to the Giants.

His three losses this year came against:

Arizona
    Cincinnati
    Milwaukee

All three of his LOSSES came against NON PLAY-OFF TEAMS.

He was DEAD NUTS GOLDEN against the GOOD TEAMS, winning 100% of his decisions against them ALL.

Pure unadulterated dominance. And Mattingly single-handedly destroyed him in game one's 105 degree heat by letting him die on the mound, and again on three days rest in game four once he showed signs of tiring and his pitches became elevated. KERSHAW DID HIS JOB. HE HAD BOTH GAMES WON. But BUFFOON DON is calling the shots!! Or NOT when he should!!

Downright shameful at the major league level. How the Dodger suits are allowing this to transpire on their clock, and DIME, is absolutely beyond explanation. L.A.'s fan base is disenchanted. I guess we'll have to live through one more disappointing LOSING season in 2015 before they fire the doof.

And we could have had Joe Maddon. This is demoralizing.

Roady,

ROFLMAO!!!!! That's a great one, thanks for the laughs!!

But in case you were being serious, please check out Kershaw's game logs this 2014 season:

http://www.baseball-reference.com/pl...&t=p&year=2014

He had 27 starts for the Dodgers in 2014. A quick glance through them will show you the following:

His 21 wins came against the following teams, the number showing how many times he beat them, and his winning % facing them in 2014 in games he got a decision:

(PLEASE NOTE: The 3 Asterisks denote play-off teams; 5 Asterisks, eventual World Series teams; 10 Asterisks, the NL team with the best record in MLB in 2014

Arizona.........................3 75%
    Atlanta.........................1 100%
    Chicago Cubs.................1 100%
    Chicago White Sox..........1 100%
    Colorado.......................3 100%
    Kansas City...................1 100%*****
    Milwaukee.....................1 50%
    Philadelphia...................1 100%
    San Diego.....................3 100%
    San Francisco................3 100%*****
    St. Louis.......................1 100%***
    Washington...................2 100%**********

He had three "No Decisions", one each against:

L.A. Angels
    San Francisco Giants
    St. Louis Cardinals

Of those three, the Dodgers ending up winning the games against the Angels and Cardinals, lost the one to the Giants.

His three losses this year came against:

Arizona
    Cincinnati
    Milwaukee

All three of his LOSSES came against NON PLAY-OFF TEAMS.

He was DEAD NUTS GOLDEN against the GOOD TEAMS, winning 100% of his decisions against them ALL.

Pure unadulterated dominance. And Mattingly single-handedly destroyed him in game one's 105 degree heat by letting him die on the mound, and again on three days rest in game four once he showed signs of tiring and his pitches became elevated. KERSHAW DID HIS JOB. HE HAD BOTH GAMES WON. But BUFFOON DON is calling the shots!! Or NOT when he should!!

Downright shameful at the major league level. How the Dodger suits are allowing this to transpire on their clock, and DIME, is absolutely beyond explanation. L.A.'s fan base is disenchanted. I guess we'll have to live through one more disappointing LOSING season in 2015 before they fire the doof.

And we could have had Joe Maddon. This is demoralizing.
    Yawn

Yawn
    +1

Banned

Hey guys,

I welcome the disagreement, really.

But the real yawner here is the fact the Dodgers never had a better chance in history to win a World Series as they did THIS YEAR.

They could have easily beat the Cardinals if their manager had half a baseball brain. He doesn't, so they lost.

They OWNED San Francisco in 2014, and Puig always gets under Bumgarner's skin. The Dodgers would have beat the Giants handily. The opportunity never came because their manager had already led them off the cliff.

And let's just be real: The Kansas City fairy tale went on way longer than it should have. The American League was weak this year.

The table was set. This was the Dodger's year to win it ALL. They just had to GET there.

Enter "DOH"n Mattingly. GOOD NIGHT.

And to the yawners, sweet dreams.

Yawn
    +1 Yikes. #nuts
    - CINCINNATI REDS/JOEY VOTTO BATS
    Email: rdeversole@gmail.com Twitter: @dugoutrelics

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by rdeversole View Post
    +1 Yikes. #nuts
    I get the yawn agreement, but what does "#nuts" mean?

I guess some here think a pitcher can dominate during the regular season, then completely suck when he gets into postseason and that makes sense? If it were true that Kershaw only won all season long vs. inferior teams, I wouldn't have ever started this thread.

Kershaw dominated everyone, all season long.

You guys really think a pitcher who is winning a post-season game 6-2 should be left in after giving up four straight frozen-rope base hits in the 7th inning after pitching 100 pitches in 105 degree heat? I don't know, you think maybe something at that point might give a baseball guy the impression that, something is amiss? Like maybe the stud who had done his JOB....WAS TIRED???

After reviewing the events that led to Kershaw's crooked numbers in postseason play, as I've done here, I am simply arguing the obvious. The whole Dodgers post season experience was "crooked".

In simply pointing out the errors in Roady's statement that Kershaw's dominance was against only "inferior" competition, a statement that was completely inaccurate, I apparently made some of you drowsy. I do apologize. I'm just a Dodger fan sick of watching a great team LOSE directly because of the actions of their ill-equipped manager. Saying "They just didn't perform", or "They just didn't get it done", or "They lost to a better team" doesn't appear to be factual. For the last time (I promise), they were winning or tied in EVERY one of the 4 games they played against the Cardinals through 6 innings. Their starters were awesome. The decisions on how to handle the starters, stunk to high hell.

Chris (not opinionated, just calling out the obvious)

I get the yawn agreement, but what does "#nuts" mean?

I guess some here think a pitcher can dominate during the regular season, then completely suck when he gets into postseason and that makes sense?
    Let's ask Justin Verlander. He says yes.

Banned

Let's ask Justin Verlander. He says yes.
    I think that was a different situation. I really believe he was injured, and has never been the same.

I think that was a different situation. I really believe he was injured, and has never been the same.
    I will be glad to look at your medical report if you have it.