Hello & Welcome to our community. Is this your first visit? Register
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Mark McGwire Gamer.....Problems?

http://sports.ha.com/itm/baseball/19...a/7120-81941.s

Guys....do you have any problems at all with this?

Banned

Re: Mark McGwire Gamer.....Problems?

I don't believe the 1997 St. Louis Cardinals jerseys had the numbers on the front. 1998 either. They returned to the front numbers in 1999.

I wouldn't touch it. But that's just me.

You tried to find any pictures of Cardinals in action on September 1, 1997 (Labor Day)? That may help clarify.

Chris

I have to say that the jersey looks good to me. While the Cards did not have numbers on the fronts of their 1997 jerseys, the MDA night jerseys (worn on Labor Day 1997) did have the front numbers. The fact that this jersey has the patch and the MDA letter as well, it should be fine.
    Looking for ...
    Any Game Used Mets jerseys from 1986 and 1987
    Any Keith Hernandez, Ron Darling, Lee Mazzilli and John Olerud Mets items
    Email me at TNT_Toys@yahoo.com

Here is another McGwire from the labour day series.

http://www.lelands.com/Auction/Aucti...me-Used-Jersey

Interesting that this jersey has the Jackie Robinson Patch script in French.

According to Jeff Scott's blog the JR patches are on at least 2 jerseys are in French. Possibly all are?

http://webpages.charter.net/birdbats...s/20090525.htm

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Phil316 View Post
    Here is another McGwire from the labour day series.

http://www.lelands.com/Auction/Aucti...me-Used-Jersey

Interesting that this jersey has the Jackie Robinson Patch script in French.

According to Jeff Scott's blog the JR patches are on at least 2 jerseys are in French. Possibly all are?

http://webpages.charter.net/birdbats...s/20090525.htm
    Hmmm, interesting.

So, the Cardinals issued two "Set 1" jerseys, both home? I always thought "Set 1", Set 2", and so on, were a "set" of home and away jerseys (uniforms), not two home. Yep, I'm pretty sure of that.

Then there's the "French Jackie Robinson 50 year anniversary patch" vs this one which, well, we don't know because they don't show it. The description doesn't mention anything about "french" writing.

I guess the number on the front adds up since photo verification backs that up. But I will say, the jersey Phil placed the link to appears to have the proper name plate on the back, primarily in the spacing between the "C" and the "G", where as the one Doc Loomis is talking about appears to show equal spacing across all letters.

Last there's the tacky "Mark McGwire 2000" inscription on a 1997 jersey. Why do that?

Quote Originally Posted by ShaimOnYou View Post

Last there's the tacky "Mark McGwire 2000" inscription on a 1997 jersey. Why do that?
    I could be wrong but I believe McGwire typically would sign the current year when signing his name. For instance, if he signed an item tomorrow it would say "Mark McGwire 2014".

HA got back to me and the McGuire they are offering Does not have the French script on the JR patch.

McGwire not McGuire

Quote Originally Posted by ShaimOnYou View Post
    Hmmm, interesting.

So, the Cardinals issued two "Set 1" jerseys, both home? I always thought "Set 1", Set 2", and so on, were a "set" of home and away jerseys (uniforms), not two home. Yep, I'm pretty sure of that.

Then there's the "French Jackie Robinson 50 year anniversary patch" vs this one which, well, we don't know because they don't show it. The description doesn't mention anything about "french" writing.

I guess the number on the front adds up since photo verification backs that up. But I will say, the jersey Phil placed the link to appears to have the proper name plate on the back, primarily in the spacing between the "C" and the "G", where as the one Doc Loomis is talking about appears to show equal spacing across all letters.

Set refers to the order placed. There could be multiple set 1 if they ordered more than one. Same with each set thereafter. The second order or set could have 3 home and 3 road all labeled set 2.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by onlyalbert View Post
    Set refers to the order placed. There could be multiple set 1 if they ordered more than one. Same with each set thereafter. The second order or set could have 3 home and 3 road all labeled set 2.
    So when did that practice change? In the good old days, it wasn't done that way. Then why aren't they labeled "Set 1A, Set 1B, Set 1C" in the case of three sets ordered? Everything today is getting "dumbed down", really frustrating.