Hello & Welcome to our community. Is this your first visit? Register
Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Re: The Adam Dunn Game Used Thread

The card used for the photo match is a 2003 Upper Deck MVP Sports Nut #SN1 (note that the game photo is from a 2002 game). There are two distinctive ball transfer marks on the underside of the barrel that match up in size and placement relative to the silver LVS center brand and the silver "CINCINNATI REDS" label on the barrel. Also, the pine tar application under the center brand extends to the same area on the card image. It's not the strongest photo match in the world (I had a hard time taking a picture of my bat with minimal glare/reflection) but I feel the evidence adds up.
    Attached Images Attached Images  

Here is a Louisville Slugger Y30 model bat from Dunn's 2002 All-Star season. Earlier this year I documented photo matches of this bat to a baseball card (see: http://www.gameuseduniverse.com/vb_f...postcount=1239) and to being used during a road game against the Giants on May 3 or 4 in 2002 (see: http://www.gameuseduniverse.com/vb_f...ly+significant). I'll post both photo matches shortly.

The card used for the photo match on the left is a 2002 Donruss Studio #200 (this product was released on June 15, 2002). The game photo match on the right was taken in San Francisco on either May 3 or May 4, 2002.

Next is a Louisville Slugger I13 model bat autographed and inscribed to Dunn's 17th home run (36th career) on 7/5/02 at Cinergy Field against the Brewers.

Here is a signed and uncracked 2004 Louisville Slugger M356.

Quote Originally Posted by Juan Gris View Post
    Photo matches for the A's batting helmet:

-On top is a photo of Dunn celebrating after hitting a 2-run home run in his first at bat with the A's on 9/1/14. The top red circle highlights a small circle of yellow paint that made its way down from the helmet's bill during the painting process. The lower red circle highlights a strand of thread/glue on the ear padding.

-The 2nd match is from Dunn hitting his final career double (#334) and RBI's (#1167 and #1168) against the Rangers on 9/26/14. There are numerous small white scratches/transfer marks that match as well as the pine tar on the bill of the helmet.
    Very nice. Wish he had stuck around for 500 HR. A shame.
    ROBERT KOPPEL
    Skyking26 - 35 year collector of Dave Kingman memorabilia. Also seek 500 HR and 3000 Hit GU Bats,
    and 1968, 1984, HOF Tigers GU Bats...Skyking442@hotmail.com

Just thought I'd give you guys a heads up that there's a gold Dunn gamer on A's auctions in case anyone may be interested. Ricardo
    Ricardo Montoya

ri.montoya at yahoo dot com

Quote Originally Posted by skyking26 View Post
    Very nice. Wish he had stuck around for 500 HR. A shame.
    Thanks, Robert. I also wish he'd stick around a few more seasons but I'll always be thankful for the great moments and memories he gave me.

Quote Originally Posted by spartakid View Post
    Just thought I'd give you guys a heads up that there's a gold Dunn gamer on A's auctions in case anyone may be interested. Ricardo
    Thanks, Ricardo, I'll check it out!

I am way behind and I have about 8 items or more but here is my first one. Uncracked MLB authenticated Dunner from 2012. Picked this one along with 6 others at the garage sale. It has a giant leather mark above the end of the signature.

Here is Adam Dunn's 421 thru 424th HR bat and 16th - 18th of the 2013 season. He used this bat for 2 Hr's on June 10th, one on June 11th and one more on June 15th before breaking it 3 days later. He also knocked in 8RBI's during this period. I am 2-2 on matching Hr's when someone from the sox clubhouse leaves a post it on the bat. Def wasn't expecting this.