Hello & Welcome to our community. Is this your first visit? Register
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Hybrid View

Re: The Adam Dunn Game Used Thread

The card used for the photo match is a 2003 Upper Deck MVP Sports Nut #SN1 (note that the game photo is from a 2002 game). There are two distinctive ball transfer marks on the underside of the barrel that match up in size and placement relative to the silver LVS center brand and the silver "CINCINNATI REDS" label on the barrel. Also, the pine tar application under the center brand extends to the same area on the card image. It's not the strongest photo match in the world (I had a hard time taking a picture of my bat with minimal glare/reflection) but I feel the evidence adds up.
    Attached Images Attached Images  

Recently got a pair of signed Adam Dunn cleats and gloves, both from his 2005 season. Not a big fan of his per se, but these were well used and at the very least easily style-matched.

Quote Originally Posted by fredskinz View Post
    Recently got a pair of signed Adam Dunn cleats and gloves, both from his 2005 season. Not a big fan of his per se, but these were well used and at the very least easily style-matched.
    Very nice! That's the first good look I've seen of that shoe style. I always enjoy seeing the different customizations Dunn took with his equipment.

Dunn Minor League Jersey!

Quote Originally Posted by TG19 View Post
    Dunn Minor League Jersey!
    Nice jersey! I looked at some cards of Dunn from when he was with the Lookouts and there's a good chance this is the same jersey he's seen wearing due to pinstripe alignment.

Here is a little bit of White Sox history. Its not anything of historical MLB significance but I think its still pretty cool. On August 5 Dunn became the first White Sox pitcher to bat in U.S. Cellular Field in the ninth inning after coming into pitch in the top of the ninth inning.

Here is the Nike Diamond Pro Dri-FIT fielding glove used by Adam Dunn during his 2001 rookie season. Dunn signed and inscribed this with "1st Glove" and an accompanying signed LOA details this as being his "1st major league game used glove". There aren't a ton of pictures available from his 2001 rookie year but I was able to find style/photo matches for this glove from:

-2001 Louisville RiverBats minor league game.
    -2001 All-star Futures Game (played July 1, 2001 at Safeco Field in Seattle).
    -Reds vs. Cubs at Cinergy Field on September 18, 2001 (the first Reds game played after 9/11/01).

This glove shows excellent use which you can see in person should you visit the Cincinnati Reds Hall of Fame Museum this year.