Hello & Welcome to our community. Is this your first visit? Register
Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Re: The Adam Dunn Game Used Thread

Nice repair job.

Quote Originally Posted by zenithsports View Post
    There is a 1998 minor league Adam Dunn game used bat in the latest Goldin auction that is currently running:

https://www.goldinauctions.com/LotDe...entoryid=13327
    I had concerns with how this bat was being attributed to Dunn's 1998 Billings Mustangs period from the day it was listed. Yesterday, after hearing back from Goldin Auction staff and John Taube, the PSA LOA and listing have been corrected to show the bat was ordered by Dunn in 2001 while with the Louisville River Bats.

Quote Originally Posted by helf35 View Post
    Nice repair job.
    Thanks. I wish I would've taken more pictures during the repair process but I was very happy with the results.

Just finished some photo matches for my recently acquired 2013 Adam Dunn JH27-A Marucci bat. I eventually want to go through MLB video to track more at bats but right now I can tie it to the end of March, April and the beginning of May 2013.
    Attached Images Attached Images   

Here are matches to Dunn's career HR's #409, #410 and #411.

Finally got my 83'. I have been trying to get some kind of Dunn throwback for awhile. Still looking for the 72'. Shows good wear with stains. Its authenticated to August 30th. If I can photo match it to some other games I will post those as well.

Quote Originally Posted by helf35 View Post
    Finally got my 83'. I have been trying to get some kind of Dunn throwback for awhile. Still looking for the 72'. Shows good wear with stains. Its authenticated to August 30th. If I can photo match it to some other games I will post those as well.
    Awesome throwback! What makes it even more unique is it was the last White Sox uniform Dunn wore as he was traded to Oakland the following morning.

I couldn't find a complete list of the 2014 dates they wore the 1983 throwbacks but Getty has images of Dunn wearing this style on:

April 12
    April 30
    May 24
    May 25
    July 18
    August 17

I think you might have a shot at matching the stains on the front upper part of Dunn's jersey (above the "S" in "SOX") on August 17 (Getty image 453745854).

While many people do not like the 83's for their "softball or beer league" vibe - I always liked them because they are different. People get tired of the same look in uni's.

A friend of mine debates on the boringness of the Tigers Home jerseys and the fact they don't change. There; I think it shows legacy to stay the same. Tigers, Yankees, Cards, Dodgers Homes do not change and change isn't always good. The Tigers Roads have changed thru the years and I think today's style is boring and stale. Wish they returned to the 80's look and leave it alone.
    ROBERT KOPPEL
    Skyking26 - 35 year collector of Dave Kingman memorabilia. Also seek 500 HR and 3000 Hit GU Bats,
    and 1968, 1984, HOF Tigers GU Bats...Skyking442@hotmail.com

Here is a 2005 Louisville Slugger D188 maple bat. I've debated using glue to permanently secure the bits of peeled back tape on the knob but they don't seem to be going anywhere anytime soon.

2005 game photo match to a Getty image (#81337828).