Hello & Welcome to our community. Is this your first visit? Register
Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst ... 5678 LastLast

Re: The Adam Dunn Game Used Thread

Dunn Minor League Jersey!
    Attached Images Attached Images  

Quote Originally Posted by TG19 View Post
    Dunn Minor League Jersey!
    Nice jersey! I looked at some cards of Dunn from when he was with the Lookouts and there's a good chance this is the same jersey he's seen wearing due to pinstripe alignment.

Here is a little bit of White Sox history. Its not anything of historical MLB significance but I think its still pretty cool. On August 5 Dunn became the first White Sox pitcher to bat in U.S. Cellular Field in the ninth inning after coming into pitch in the top of the ninth inning.

Here’s an interesting 2013 “Dunner Custom Cut – A” Marucci bat that's a microcosm of Dunn’s “Three True Outcomes” career. The bat looks to have been used a good deal in Spring Training before making exactly 4 plate appearances in the regular season. Making its regular season debut on Opening Day (April 1, 2013), Dunn used this bat while striking out in the 8th Inning. During the 2nd game of the season (April 3, 2013), Dunn used this bat to hit a Homerun, draw a walk and hit a bat-breaking single. While waiting for the 2nd pitch during Dunn’s 6th inning at bat on April 3, the FSKC TV announcer said the following:

All Adam Dunn has to do today is strikeout and that will sum up his offensive game and his career. He already has the home run and the walk. A lot of home runs, a lot of walks, a lot of strikeouts, he doesn’t hit many singles. He breaks his bat and drops one in front of Jeff Francoeur and Dunn is 2 for 2 today.

Here's a black I13 Louisville Slugger inscribed to Dunn's 24th home run of the 2002 season (43rd career) in Colorado against Kent Mercker on August 8. It can be directly traced to an order for 6 black I13 model bats on 7/24/01 (4 days after Dunn's MLB debut) because of: (1) the block-letter nameplate (autograph LVS bats were first ordered by Dunn on 4/15/02) and (2) "CINCINNATI REDS" appearing underneath the name (see my previous post in this thread concerning black block-type Dunn bats). According to order records (and BMH), there could only be 6 black LVS Dunn bats to have both block-type and the team name.

Back on 3/6/15, I posted photos of my 2013 Adam Dunn MM38-A Marucci bat (see post #41 in this thread). At that time, I'd only located a photo match to Dunn’s 425th career home run hit in Minnesota on June 20, 2013. Now that I’ve had time to look for MLB TV photo matches, I’m able to present the complete lifespan of this bat. The knob is stamped 6/10/13 and I was able to confirm the bat broke while hitting a single on 6/28/13.

Through 28 plate appearances over 8 games, Dunn put up a .429 Batting Average with this bat, including:
    -9 Hits (5 Singles, 1 Double, 3 Home Runs)
    -7 Walks
    -5 Strikeouts
    -9 RBI

What follows is a photo match from each of the 28 plate appearances featuring this bat. Each picture specifies the date and result in a white font. The pictures go in order from left to right, starting at the top.

i was just reading another forum the other day and some of the members were bashing a member for being too lazy to do a google search to answer his own question rather than posting on the board and expecting others to do his work.

Then I opened this thread and read your post. I am absolutely blown away by the amount of work some collectors do to add provenance to their collections.

Seriously, great job.

Quote Originally Posted by aallanson View Post
    i was just reading another forum the other day and some of the members were bashing a member for being too lazy to do a google search to answer his own question rather than posting on the board and expecting others to do his work.

Then I opened this thread and read your post. I am absolutely blown away by the amount of work some collectors do to add provenance to their collections.

Seriously, great job.
    Thank you for the kind words! It took longer to put together than I'd like to admit but once I had the general idea I decided to see it through (albeit broken up over several months of free time).

I know just what you mean about people inquiring about their own game used items. Sometimes it's laziness and other times they just don't know how to access and use available sources. This forum and its members have been a wealth of info to me over the years and I try to help when I can. If anyone needs help with something feel free to email me at the address in my signature.

On August 5, 2014, the White Sox were down 15-0 to the Rangers at U.S. Cellular Field when Adam Dunn made his Major League pitching debut. Pitching the top of the 9th Inning, Dunn gave up 1 walk, 2 hits and 1 run (9.00 ERA). This is the lineup card from that game and you'll note the change moving Dunn from "DH" to "1". A big thank you to helf35 for hunting this down for me at Soxfest!

Here's a beautiful Louisville Slugger B345 model bat with a long tape job on the handle and a number of photo matches. There's a circle-style MLB Authentication sticker indicating the bat was broken on May 26, 2006 in Cincinnati against the Diamondbacks (Dunn had 3 hits that day). Years ago I posted about this bat asking for help locating more photo matches, in particular to those of him hitting a home run (http://www.gameuseduniverse.com/vb_f...ad.php?t=61291). Dunn hit 6 home runs during the time frame I can verify he was actively using this bat and I hope to someday establish more matches.