Hello & Welcome to our community. Is this your first visit? Register
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thoughts on BP Bats

Are Batting Practice Bats worth alot less than Game Used Bats.Are they not as a highly sought after collectible as Game Used Bats.Thoughts as in a local store in the area they had a few BP bats a few weeks ago that i was looking at.Thanks Geoff

Re: Thoughts on BP Bats

Would think game used bats are much more in demand that BP bats. I prefer game used bat. Wouldn't want a BP bat myself.

Banned

Game Used bats are more sought after and worth more then Batting Practice bats. I think Batting Practice Bats are still pretty cool to pick up especially if the player your seeking is a premium Star player then is Game Used bats might be out of your financial range.
    So consider a Batting Practice bat to be the Economical Bat.

Think of it like this maybe you can't afford to own a Ruth or Mantle Game Used bat but it would still be pretty cool to at least own one of there Batting Practice bats!!!

Most people seem prefer a true "game used" bat. I guess I do as well, but I don't mind BP or spring training bats. They usually sell for less, but often show heavy use. I like my bats showing ball and lacing marks, ink transfers, and pine tar. If you don't mind a lower re-sale value, I think BP bats make a nice addition to any collection.

Chris

I like B.P. Bats, specially AUTHENTIC ones from a favorite Player. I like Strong use & Chacteristics, Lots of B.P. Bats show Heavy use! I bought a Gwynn 279H Rawlings B.P. with Heavy Use & showed it to him... He was definitely interested in where I got it, & how much I paid. He suggested that Gamers are worth more...He was nice enough to Sign it, I was grinning all the way Home. This is now a Favorite Bat.

Important thought...I have very Limited Knowledge on Gamers Vs. Practice Bats. I have decent knowledge on a few Players. This is one of the Challeges I face Collecting Bats.

Where can I learn more (books etc) about who uses what??? Thanks!

Happy Holidays,
    Sean

I like BP bats since they are much cheaper and probably used more but I'd prefer a bat used during a game

Great thought all keep them coming.Geoff

Banned

From my experience with Astros bats, most players don't use separate BP and game bats. In fact, Biggio uses bats in BP to get a feel for his preference for game time. I am not sure he still does this, as I have seen a few of his recent bats pounded with the light green ball marks, and some with only the game MLB blue ball marks. I have a lot of Astros bats that show both the green practice and blue MLB ball marks.

Happy New Year!

Quote Originally Posted by 3arod13 View Post
    Would think game used bats are much more in demand that BP bats. I prefer game used bat. Wouldn't want a BP bat myself.
    just curious if you noticed the "tan lines" on one of your arod bats (indicating it was once taped up as a bp bat)?

rudy.

Great story 10th man i would be loving the bat also.